Thread: DM774 Yanert controlled use area?

Default DM774 Yanert controlled use area?

Well heres the usual...drew a tag...not knowing too much about an area...asking if anyone knows an information about his area...i know its fly in only as far as motorized....so if anyone knows any air taxi's up there whether they are good or bad or whatever...its an any bull moose tag and i'm not picky on that...but i was hoping maybe to do a moose/sheep combo...i have heard there are sheep in the drainages of Yanert....any info will help....thanks all...
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default Yanert

Shark,

You still need information? You don't have much choice on flight service to that area so you have to take it good or bad (not saying it is bad). Let me know and I can give you some leads.

Randy

Default wrights in fairbanks

flies there.

Default so far

so far i've found atkins flying service in cantwell and denali wings in healy....haven't called them yet...both seem to be pretty short flights...which is good considering 300 bucks an hour and several flights in and out with a moose on the ground.......has anyone on here ever been up in that country?......how close to you get to the glaciers and still hunt moose?....assuming sheep are closer to the glacier country up in there...
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default Yanert

Shark,

When I checked into it, Atkins wouldn't fly me in because he hunts the area and didn't want the competition. I found another in Cantwell at 907-978-0300 that flew into the area. I also have 15 minute topo maps of the entire area if you want to look at them. Chisana (from this forum) might have actually gone into the area last year and have some first hand knowledge.

Randy