Thread: My Fusion 1911 10mm Is Back!

Default My Fusion 1911 10mm Is Back!

Well I had some hangups assembling this pistol so I sent it back to fusion for them to finish it. Its a beuty! Its all stainless, slide, frame barrel, screws, safety, ect! sights are novaks, with a tritium dot up front. Chambered in 10mm.
    Cant wait to shoot her!

That's purty!!!!
    Hope it shoots as well as it looks.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Smile Well now...

That there is a real good looking pistol chambered in a real serious caliber. Have fun!

Congrats on your new 10mm Matt. Hope you like it alot!.akraven

All I can add is that you've got great taste.

Thanks guys! man, when can I shoot thing? All my reloading stuff is put up. I dont really want to buy ammo but maybe I will buy a little....

Talking

You, sir, are one lucky man!

I gotta tell ya' I'd kill to get my hands on some of those 10mm 1911's you've had. Great looking gun and let us know how it shoots! (But don't BUY the ammo it's expensive! Unload your stuff or borrow someone's setup. I have the dies and stuff for a 10 if you need to borrow it for a bit )

More power to the 10mm!

Jon
    Last edited by akhunter3; 07-18-2008 at 22:39. Reason: changed some stuff
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Any updates? I'm looking at one of these and I was wondering what you thought.

Default >>>------->

My Glock 20 10mm shoots the less expensive .40 cal ammo just fine.Perhaps it might feed through your 1911.

Well I have only shot it a few times. But good news is that it functions great and I bet it will be stellar in the accuracy department. I have only shot CCI blazer and some 135 grain noslers through it. But its looking promising!

Quote Originally Posted by FishSean View Post
    My Glock 20 10mm shoots the less expensive .40 cal ammo just fine.Perhaps it might feed through your 1911.

This is not a good idea to do. Do a google search and youll see why.

Are you referring to 40 S&W in your Glock 20 or just cheaper 10mm ammo? I know .40 is 10mm in caliber but the 40 S&W is a shorter case. Did you put a 40 S&W barrel on your Glock 20? Hopefully you aren't running 40 S&W in you 10mm. It's not like shooting 38 spec in a 357mag or 44 spec in a 44mag.

Default >>>------->

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Are you referring to 40 S&W in your Glock 20 or just cheaper 10mm ammo? I know .40 is 10mm in caliber but the 40 S&W is a shorter case. Did you put a 40 S&W barrel on your Glock 20? Hopefully you aren't running 40 S&W in you 10mm. It's not like shooting 38 spec in a 357mag or 44 spec in a 44mag.

Fair enough.I read your 'Gun Zone' link on the Glock Girl thread.Never noticed any retracted shell abnormalities but perhaps its just been the luck of the Irish so far.I shall cease and desist from further ammo integration and pony up the the cost for legitimate 10mm.

Fair enough.I read your 'Gun Zone' link on the Glock Girl thread.Never noticed any retracted shell abnormalities but perhaps its just been the luck of the Irish so far.I shall cease and desist from further ammo integration and pony up the the cost for legitimate 10mm.

You could just buy a conversion barrel and keep throwin' the .40 out of it. Works well enough for alot of folks.

Jon

Blazers are cheap but just plain inaccurate. I put my 29 in a vise and it hit all over a paper plate from 15 yards...Corbon hit in a good tight group in the same fixture. The difference...50 rounds of Blazer +/- $20, 20 rounds Corbon about $30.

Default >>>-------->

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Blazers are cheap but just plain inaccurate. I put my 29 in a vise and it hit all over a paper plate from 15 yards...Corbon hit in a good tight group in the same fixture. The difference...50 rounds of Blazer +/- $20, 20 rounds Corbon about $30.

Im gonna go with the Corbon for target and technique practice and keep the Double Tap in reserve for bears and goblins.

Im gonna go with the Corbon for target and technique practice and keep the Double Tap in reserve for bears and goblins.

Excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    ......20 rounds Corbon about $30.
    A $1.50 a round? OUCH!

You guys could reload 10mm ammo for and make up the cost of the reloading equipment in no time.

Even with expensive components like new Starline brass & Hornady XTP's you'd still be less than 50-cents a round. You could save even more by reusing your cases, and running less expensive bullets.

At a savings of a buck a round (or more) you'd pay for the loading equipment in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    A $1.50 a round? OUCH!

You guys could reload 10mm ammo for and make up the cost of the reloading equipment in no time.

Even with expensive components like new Starline brass & Hornady XTP's you'd still be less than 50-cents a round. You could save even more by reusing your cases, and running less expensive bullets.

At a savings of a buck a round (or more) you'd pay for the loading equipment in no time!

You hit it on the head. I reload for my 10mm and it has made it incredibly economical to shoot in comparison to buying factory rounds. Heck, if you buy in bulk it's probably cheaper than shooting factory 9mm.

Jon