Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Float your wheeler

Default Float your wheeler

http://www.godrifters.com/

Argo owners beware!! The wheelers are coming for you!!!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Not to worry

I think anyone who has the need to pack a set of these floats around on his four wheeler is in dire need of going to the Argo dealer for the real thing. It makes as much since as mounting a prop and a set of ultralight wings. If you want to play with the big boys you got to have the gear. If fourwheelers were meant to float they would have come that way. Not to worry though there are plenty of Argos to go around.

Default ATVs aren't...

that far from floating all by themselves! You could do the same with a lot smaller float system.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    http://www.godrifters.com/

Argo owners beware!! The wheelers are coming for you!!!

Still only 4 wheels, and they will need different tires with tread that will paddle water.
    Most 4 wheeler tire tread are designed to clean out the mud which means they dont paddle in water.
    And pulling that trailer with wimpy little tires down the trail through the mud until you get to the water. and then making the conversion in the field.

I'm sorry but I will be on the way back out with my moose before you ever even get there.

Any way bring um on!! LOL. The argo guys will still pull them out when they get in trouble.

Please nobody take offense to this, this is just a little good humor ribbing between the Argo guys and the wheeler guys. I go through this alot among friends.

HAHA, on a decent trail even with some water and mud a wheeler will get there long before an Argo will, been there, done that!!! Remember, this is just a little humor to pass away the rain!!!

AK, when you get stuck 4 or 5 times and have to make 2-3 trips to get your moose and camp home I will still be there long before you.

BTW I will be clean and dry and so will my moose meat.

Game on!!

And with everything in my PakRat trailer I won't be making a second trip! Been there...done that!! Yes indeed.....game on!!

Oh so your pulling an anchor? sorry make that 8-10 times stuck in a mudhole.

Ok we better end this before someone gets hurt, man when will this rain stop?
    I got out on wed the one nice day we had and we did manage to shoot a little fork horn. Good for the freezer.

You keep saying "been there done that". Do you have some bad experiances with Argos?

45 I think its time to call out the argos with an ATV vs Argo challenge. Put your money where your mouth is. Bring the camcorder because photage does not lie. That would make for an interested weekend, dont ya think? Ill throw on the zillas and take whatever hole in front of me, trailer or no trailer.

I have had argo's follow me in and out of moose camp, and they did not impress me to say the least. They have their place but I would rather take a more versatile ATV anyday.

what are zillas? pardon my ignorance.
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Default Zilla's

They are some serious aftermarket tires -

http://www.tiresnstuff.com/maxxis-mudzilla.html
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Has anyone ran an AmphiCat?

I got one last year that needs to become a winter project. Is it worth fixing? I would need to replace the engine, change 3 tires and repair the body. Or should I just part it out?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfitzhugh View Post
    I think anyone who has the need to pack a set of these floats around on his four wheeler is in dire need of going to the Argo dealer for the real thing............
    I'm setting up a pair of inflatable pontoons for my Argo.

The stabilization along with an outboard makes it possible to go where the wheelers and swampbuggies simply cannot go; across deep rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    Oh so your pulling an anchor? sorry make that 8-10 times stuck in a mudhole.

Ok we better end this before someone gets hurt, man when will this rain stop?
    I got out on wed the one nice day we had and we did manage to shoot a little fork horn. Good for the freezer.

You keep saying "been there done that". Do you have some bad experiances with Argos?
    I have a little experience with them, i have 2 friends that each own one and they have been customized to the max. The only thing I don't like about them is they are herky jerky and slow as heck. I will say this about them, when they have a cab and the heater's going and your driving in a snowstorm, they sure are nice to have around. Other than that, I like my wheeler for hunting and having fun. And when I say i've "been there done that" i'm talking about hauling out an entire moose and camp in one trip with the wheeler/PakRat combo and thats without getting stuck. James, you might be on to something with the ATV vs Argo challenge.

Smile You won't regret it!

Hey Northriver 21 you sure stirred up a hornets nest with those four
    wheelees. I guess you noticed that they only go hunting in places where they hope they won't get stuck. Most four wheelees depend on lots of speed, luck, big tires and momentum to get them past those little mudholes that an Argo would idle thru. We may not be fast but we always get where were going and we don't blaze new trails around mud holes or try to go around lakes or set up camp on the near side of a river that ....HA.. we couldn't cross! ( of course the moose are on the other side) We stay dry in the rain and warm in the snow and we have lots of fun pulling out four wheelees at $20 a pop. Now don't misunderstand me as you can depend on a good four wheelee....to push the moose into the area where we are that they can only glass from a distance. I heard from a friend, at well known winch company, that if it wasn't for all those four wheelees buying winches to get themselves out of places they ought not have been they would have gone under long ago! Oh how I miss those days when I spent most of a hunt digging out my old four wheelee and the mud in my shoes and hair and underwear. But it was something me an my old buddies could do together cause their four wheelees were stuck in the same hole with me! We all know how an Argo will cause AATV envy and the only cure is to admit that a four wheelees are for kids to ride in the back yard and Argos are for hunting. You four wheelees are fooling nobody but yourselves, buy as many options and after market parts as you please but you still won't go where an Argo can....unless it's in the back of an Otter on floats in which case your on a fly out hunt and not an ATV hunt! But hey, if you four wheelees really want to get a moose thats what your going to have to do......unless you get an Argo. You deserve it. You owe it yourself. You tried for years to make the four wheelee work out and it didn't so come on over to the other side. You won't regret it. And we will be waiting for you....on the other side.

mfitz,
    Maybe we should tone it down a little. The more people who buy Argos the more competition well have for the moose.

Akhunter45, Youre right Argos are junk! If I could just sell it I would buy a wheeler. LOL

Mark

mfitz,
    Maybe we should tone it down a little. The more people who buy Argos the more competition well have for the moose.

Akhunter45, Youre right Argos are junk! If I could just sell it I would buy a wheeler. LOL
    Thank you.

Keep it quiet. I think I had the first Big Reds in the Mat-Su, and it didn't take long for folks to buy up to me, and follow my distictive trail to my favorite moose meadow.

That meadow was ruined just two years later. It's now a super ATV highway......

Wink Looking from the outside in...

... It sure seems to me like you two groups need seperate forums! I know I'd probably be looking at the 4-wheeler one more often because I'm not rich.
    By the way, where is the real outdoorsman's forum- I mean the one with pack horses!

Talking Pack horses?

Talk about expensive!!
    AKmud

mfitz,

Did I say that Argo's were junk?? Actually, I think they are great and I'd love to have one but they are a little out fo my budget. Go ahead and keep bashing the atv's, it doesn't change a thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast