Thread: which breathable waders?

Default which breathable waders?

I had started the poll under theheunting tread asking which foot wear for a float hunt and the breathable chest and waist waders have won out. So now that we have that narrowed down, Which make and model of waders has everyone found the be the best and toughest?

Default Simms Guides

I've been using the Simms G3 Guide waders for a few years now and they're amazingly tough. It sounds like the new Simms G4's are even tougher, but I'm not too sure yet about a waterproof zipper built into the Guide models. I'd really hate to see that zipper fail, because you'd be out of luck. I think I'd go with the Simms G4 Pro model if I were in the market for bombproof breathable waders. Anyways, I've used quite a few of the other breathables and the Simms have been reliable for me.

Simms for sure. I have had several pairs over the last 10+ years, and I won't buy anything else. As far as the new G4's go I don't have any experience with them, but if the zipper is like the zippers on dry suits (which I assume it is) it should be very durable and water proof.

anyone use cloudveil?

Default Thanks

I thought that this might get a little more response. Thanks Troutbum and Snowcamoman. I about choked when I looked at the prices of them i was going to have to look at something else when I found that Sierra Trading Post was having a sale on some leftover small. It finally paid off to be a smaller guy! Plus I had the wife open up an account and got an additional 10% for first time buyers and all together I saved about $188.00 on a pair They should be here in a couple of days. I'm going to put them on with a pair of socks and some sealskins to measure for a pair of Korkers.

Default cabelas..

I have used Cabelas's Dry Plus breathable pant and chest waders. We use them for float trips in NW Alaska. These things are amazing. Great value. Waterproof, comfortable, and very tough. If your STP purchase does not work out, take a look at these. Great product.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ders&noImage=0
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.