Thread: yoder

Default yoder

what wheelers have been making the yoder trail in Sept.?
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Default Everbody

and their sister
    The ruts demand higher clearance (solid axles are difficult) and bypasses are being made like everywhere else.

All of them except HONDA !!!!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Funny

It WAS that trail that made me sell the foreman.

Looks like I'm in for some trouble on my lil honda rancher.

Is there any deep water crossings?

Nah.... like any other trail. Just pick your way through and enjoy the mudslingin'. Does get a little ruttier every year as more and more people are hitting that trail. Is it just me that considers that more "fun factor"? And Im even plowing through the mud in a little lo-slung Honda.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are several areas that you simply CANNOT go around unless you bring a chainsaw to mow a path through the alders.

(Disclaimer: I think Hondas are quality machines and have their place) Two years ago the trail was so rough that we came upon 5 Honda Ranchers stuck in the first serious hole when we were on our way out. None had winches and we pulled them all out. All were using stock tires. Once they were out they asked us how bad it was further up...we told them that was the easiest hole. They asked us to pull them back through the hole towards the trucks. We agreed and they went home that day.

I have made it all the way to the top of Snowshoe (top of the mountain) on an RM250 motorcycle in 1986. It only cost me both my fenders, a shift lever, and both my clutch and front brake lever...Oh yeah..I munched a complete set of chain and sprockets. It was worth every penny to see the look on my Big Red riding buddy's faces

I've made it to the big swamp in the mid 90's in a dry year with a 1974 CJ-5 and 235/65-15 all season radials. I knocked a whole in the gas tank, but we made it. No winch..just a handy-man jack

We make it to the top all the time in the spring on the snow with our ATV's...just stay on the trail.

There are times that it's a piece of cake, and there are times it's Hell. It can change from day to day with just a good dose of rain.

In September I stear clear. Too many hunters. No moose

Is there any deep water crossings?
    If you are worried about depth, bring hip boots and walk it. I've been to the seat on my Arctic Cat... that's over the bars on a stock Rancher..in some of the holes in a rainy year.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    If you are worried about depth, bring hip boots and walk it. I've been to the seat on my Arctic Cat... that's over the bars on a stock Rancher..in some of the holes in a rainy year.
    Just Curious, looking to test my snorkel

We are on our second day of non-stop rain. Should be good tomorrow