Thread: RV or Cabin Rentals

Default RV or Cabin Rentals

Can anyone suggest a local RV rental place in the Anchorage area or maybe a cabin or other rental around Kenai / Soldotna / Sterling for August 1st to the 6th?
    My plans to use friends RV during my trip have sh** the bed so now I am scrambling
    Any help is appreciated!

You can try ABC rental in Anchorage for an RV. When my in-laws came up I got on www.vrbo.com and found a nice cabin to rent. This website has pictures, prices and also has a calendar to show availability.

Just sent you a PM with some info.

we always use http://greatalaskanholidays.com they have what we found to be the best overall deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post
    we always use http://greatalaskanholidays.com they have what we found to be the best overall deal.
    My friends use them also and like them.

Another thumbs up for ABC RV rentals. I just used them 3 weeks ago and the RVs and folks renting them out were awesome! The most trouble free rental I've ever had. They were a little more expensive than some of the other guys, but everything with ABC is included. The other guys are cheap at the beginning but after you pay an additional fee for the essentials, the price is even or better.

I'll be using ABC again next year for my next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWA View Post
    Another thumbs up for ABC RV rentals. I just used them 3 weeks ago and the RVs and folks renting them out were awesome! The most trouble free rental I've ever had. They were a little more expensive than some of the other guys, but everything with ABC is included. The other guys are cheap at the beginning but after you pay an additional fee for the essentials, the price is even or better.

I'll be using ABC again next year for my next trip!
    Thats why we always use greatalaskan holidays. Their motorhomes are all new or close to it. Great selection, and Everything is included, no cleaning fees that most others have, and the people are great to work with.

You might try checking out www.goingnorthrv.com for RV rental. LaVon works with most of the companies and can help sort out all the 'specials' to help you find the right deal.

Thanks for the link Chuck. Seems like their services might well prove useful.

- Jay

Another for greatalaskan..
    Be sure to get a rider from your own insurance company, it will save a ton of dough..

Default cabins

I did the rv thing a couple of times and now get a cabin. Try www.beavercreekcabins. I'll be there to catch my king the last week of July.

One other thing, I stopped doing the car rental at the airport. I know exactly where I want to go so I rent a UHaul cargo van. $19.99 a day plus mileage. This is a way better option for me and my family.

Default craigslist

check out craigslist locally. you can usually find some private folks renting out their personal rigs for way better prices than the companies. if not you might be able to dicker a bit with them to reach a "fair" price. as long as you both are comfortable with the whole deal. I did it last year and it worked out great! this of course depends on what your budget is.

Great Alaskan Holiday RV is the best. I have used them 3 times without a problem. You don't have to dump or clean the Rv when you return it and it comes with everything included. Check them out and feel free to contact me if you need more info,

Scott

Rent a U-haul. they are very cheap and you could sleep in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post
    Thats why we always use greatalaskan holidays. Their motorhomes are all new or close to it. Great selection, and Everything is included, no cleaning fees that most others have, and the people are great to work with.
    I guess I have to give another shout out for Great Alaskan. This will be my first time using them, but I couldn't beat their prices. I originally had a 22'er reserved, but now they have a fisherman's special with a 31'er with a slideout for an even lower price!

These folks are great to work with and they bend over backwards to accomodate you. I'm looking forward to renting our RV from these folks!

I prefer to rent an RV because I have my vehicle and hotel all in one and I'm not stuck to one place.

Whichever way you choose, you can't go wrong and enjoy your stay in the most beautiful state of the country!

Default Can't go wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by FLFisherman View Post
    Great Alaskan Holiday RV is the best. I have used them 3 times without a problem. You don't have to dump or clean the Rv when you return it and it comes with everything included. Check them out and feel free to contact me if you need more info,

Scott
    As GAH's reigning repeat client (2010 makes 14 times), I also give them my highest marks and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone hitting the popular roadside fisheries.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Yeah, Same here. I too Like that
    Love this Forum !!!!!!
    Motorhome Rental