Thread: Float trips forums??

Default Float trips forums??

Since so many people take float trips in Alaska, I was wondering if there was any interest in a float trip forum. A place where people could share trip reports, logistics, bush services into certain areas, fishing reports, water conditions, etc.. It is so hard searching through the canoe, rafting, fishing, fly fishing, pantry, etc.. forums trying to get all this info. Hopeless almost. Are there enough people taking float trips to get a dedicated forum for sharing information?
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Since so many people take float trips in Alaska, I was wondering if there was any interest in a float trip forum. A place where people could share trip reports, logistics, bush services into certain areas, fishing reports, water conditions, etc.. It is so hard searching through the canoe, rafting, fishing, fly fishing, pantry, etc.. forums trying to get all this info. Hopeless almost. Are there enough people taking float trips to get a dedicated forum for sharing information?

just use the search function and type in "danattherock"; that's what I do

Well, there already is a rafting forum and a hunting forum. I think if a new forum should be added or forums changed, it should be hiking changed to hiking/backpacking and then add a whole new forum for Camping/RVing.

I understand the reasoning behind not having too many sub forums but the ones I mentioned are everyday Alaskan activities and I have never been on a float trip in my life. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post

Default Or ride sharing as part of that forum

I'm finding it difficult to get people who want to do the same floats I do, and usually for road system rivers you need two vehicles for a shuttle. It would be nice to share float trips with others and pool vehicles to set up a put in / take out shuttle. I wouldn't know what the search parameters would be to find others who might be interested in floating the Kenai, for instance. I'm planning to do it several times between now and the end of September on the upper Kenai down to Jim's landing, and I know there are shuttles down there. Still, it would be nice to see some kind of sub-forum for getting together people who want to do this sort of thing - or dipnetting, or whatever.
    Maybe there already is a sub-forum for that, but I sure can't find it for some reason.