Thread: Looking for a Laborador stud for July 19-20

Default Looking for a Laborador stud for July 19-20

Looking for a stud for this weekend. Palmer.

Lab any color AKC preferred.

bit ch is a 4 year old AKC Chocolate Lab

Contact niledough@yahoo.com

Talking

You shouldn't have any trouble in the valley finding someone to mount that chocolate. But the pups will be a kinda half-human-half-retriever with big hands!

I just couldn't resist. Sorry.

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    You shouldn't have any trouble in the valley finding someone to mount that chocolate. But the pups will be a kinda half-human-half-retriever with big hands!

Taylor
    You know the valley is where it's at!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post

Taylor

Your a bad man Mark.

I put down "lab any color" not "taking all comers".
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Got a stud. Thanks for the replies.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default After the jokes Didn't anyone else find something wrong here?

Any lab? AKC prefered? dont care about pedigree? temperment? ability? Titles?
    I'm just curious what you plan to sell the puppies for?

Please pardon my questions but I've rescued two unwanted labs from the shelter and saw 12 -14 puppies being sold out of cars in Fred Meyer yesterday. Two different cars,a puppy flea market so to speak.
    Honestly, a good dog requires two good parents. Maybe the stud checked out fine with hips, elbows and eyes certs. The post just sounded so "backyard".

Linda,

This has been one of my complaints with this area of AODD, This is not the place to be looking for a stud nor was it started for that reason. It very clearly states that this is a Training area. Not an area for puppies to be sold or a hook up thread for potential BYB's.....It makes me ill that they allow this in this forum. Each time an "ad" like this has been posted, I have complained, Nothing is ever done about it. I'm guessing AODD likes the reputation of adding to the already over population of unwanted bird dogs.

Turned out the stud is registered.

The pups will be too.

If a person wanted a mutt the pound is as far as one needs to go. No one here is looking for a mutt.

These are gun dogs and so this being the closest thing to a gundog forum this is where I posted.

Questions about specifics of the parents was done between owners.

Sorry if there are any elitists here who are offended by us backyardagans....I take it back I am not sorry.

BTW the fee for the stud service was pick of the litter.

RMIller,

Its sad to say, but there are MANY Purebreds (with AKC papers) put to sleep in the pound as well. Great birds dogs who once had a home, a history and quite possibly a little child who loved it. The pound is not just for "mutts".

It's not breeding that ruffles my feathers, its the lack of merit in the dogs being bred, the lack of support after those pups are born and the lack of knowledge as far as pedigree's/faults go. There is a whole lot more to breeding than just throwing two dogs together and hoping you get a good bird dog.

AKC is nothing more than a registry, what I like to see is CERF, OFA (hips and elbows), PennHip, Thyroid, a title or two? and a contract with a life long commitment to that puppy that you (whoever) just brought into this world as its breeder. That is only a few of the things that separates the BYB's from the reputable breeders.

You can call me an elitist once you have walked in my shoes as a euthanasia tech for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Turned out the stud is registered.

The pups will be too.

If a person wanted a mutt the pound is as far as one needs to go. No one here is looking for a mutt.

These are gun dogs and so this being the closest thing to a gundog forum this is where I posted.

Questions about specifics of the parents was done between owners.

Sorry if there are any elitists here who are offended by us backyardagans....I take it back I am not sorry.

BTW the fee for the stud service was pick of the litter.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I wish for your sake you would have tested for CNM, EIC and PRA, but I guess if you cross those bridges you'll ask for info here.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Elitist or responsible

Well stated Huntress! It’s not only in Alaska that backyarders are so cavalier with their dogs and maybe just ill informed. Many people are looking at a big puppy sales. All it takes is two dogs and 120 odd days. Then at $400 x (9,10,12) you can rake in dough. Take a trip into the Fred Meyer parking lot on any given weekend. Last weekend had one litter of runny eyed cocker pups, another wth 7 supposed "bull dogs".

I've been there and done that with Sr Hunt test titled dame and sire, field bred, FC & NFC titles in the background and all the health certs. It wasnt enough. I really thought I knew what I was doing but I didn't research the need and I'll never do it again. Finding homes for 10 puppies was excruciating because few potential owners were worthy of my pups. One of my pups ended up being bred by 1 1/2 years and this was an avid NAHRA guy I trusted to have more smarts than that.

When you breed because you want a pup or to make a bunch of dough it teaches your kids that dogs are commodities. I know now that responsible working dog breeders produce litters that are sold before they are conceived, study the lineage, follow the progress of the dogs, and may require a no-breed contract until the pup has a title and passes health certs. They would never ask for any stud, “registration preferred”. Possibly the training aspect of this forum isn’t just dog training but human training as well.

www.alaskadognews.com

Get a grip.

All we are looking for is above average dogs. Not the Duke and Dutchess of dogdom.

All those fancy titles are just paper. And I will admit the validation of hard work.

We are not selling any of them.

We just want a male to match the female and have several people who have already spoken for the pups. If it makes you feel better I will offer to cull the extra pups. Except there wont be extra.

There not my dogs but belong to close family.

I have a rabbit I want to breed. Do you all a problem with that or do I have to go to the wizard of Hassenpfeffer to ask for his blessings first?

Breeding untitled dogs is not the real issue for me....
    I do have a problem with creating pups with that can't do what they were bred to do because of physical problems.
    There are several Alaskan breeders who have produced pups that carry this or were affected with it.
    http://www.labradorcnm.com/

Did you know that 40% of all Labs carry EIC?
    http://www.vdl.umn.edu/vdl/ourservic...2008/home.html

That's what I worry about.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson