Thread: Resurrection Pillar

Default Resurrection Pillar

We haven't fished Resurrection Bay in years and I was reviewing the charts when I saw a pillar in the middle of the Bay with about 150' of water, surrounded by a lot deeper stuff. Does this get some Halibut action when the silvers are in the bay? We used to go to the East side of Fox, but this is certainly a lot closer and the Silvers are starting to come in according to other Threads. Any info on that area? I just don't remember it. Won't be going until at least next week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlingmike View Post
    We haven't fished Resurrection Bay in years and I was reviewing the charts when I saw a pillar in the middle of the Bay with about 150' of water, surrounded by a lot deeper stuff. Does this get some Halibut action when the silvers are in the bay? We used to go to the East side of Fox, but this is certainly a lot closer and the Silvers are starting to come in according to other Threads. Any info on that area? I just don't remember it. Won't be going until at least next week.

Thanks
    Yes, but it is hit or miss. Lately it has been mostly miss as has been the east side of Fox.

Default Pillar

Thanks, T.R. Appreciate the response. Have a great season.

M

The pillar you are talking about does look promising on the charts, but there is always pretty heavy boat traffic shooting back and forth right there. You may be rocking around a bit if you happen to stop there for any amount of time.

Default Larsenvega

That's true. Maybe I'd better go hide behind Fox Island like I used to. Much quieter back there. Silvers should be going past there soon, also. Brings in those hungry Butts.
    Thanks
    M

It is a good place to hit in the evening when the sun is shining when all the charters have already docked. I have caught a couple there over the years. It is not bad. It also is not good. But, it is worth a stop.