Thread: Dipneting Help

Default Dipneting Help

Gentlemen,
    I'm an Army guy stationed at FT Wainwright, and actually have a little time on my hands (I can barely believe it) and want very badly to go dipnetting.

I was hoping I could link up with someone and talk on the phone and get some good advice. I am in the process of doing research on my own, but it is always nice to talk to someone who has been there and done that, so as not to waste time.

Any advice would be great and I am definetly not above buying beer and sharing fish if you are in the Fairbanks area.

Thank you

If your interested, i'm going down there thurs. evening... help split cost.....call me @ cell-978-0396, home 488-1351.... thanks jerry

Going down Friday morning-afternon by myself you can join for free just hate driving by myself I even have a net you can use total length 25' or call me for any ?'s i can help you with bin dipping for 15yrs. out of kenai and I'm in Anchorage p.m. me for phone # coming back sunday afternoon

one ? i forgot to ask is you are an alaskan resident right? Just check'in

Default interject???

Can a non-resident clean the fish once it is on-shore and out of the boat? The regs say can't "handle" the fish.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Can a non-resident clean the fish once it is on-shore and out of the boat? The regs say can't "handle" the fish.....
    They may take NO part in it except to sit there in a chair and watch they can't even help you lift the net out of your vehicle. You answered you own question "Handle" being the key word If they are touching it they are handling it

Default mee too

That is my interpretation - but I have some relatives who would like me to do some handy work with a knife - I would love to, but I don't want to get written up for slabbin fish........I will make a call to the ADFG for some 'real' confirmation.

I will be a resident in time for next year's dippin - then they will sit on the beach and drink beer while I do all the work........what comes around goes around.

I really think that I will prefer catching them with rod and reel over netting them....not the quantity - unless you fish as much as I like to

Another thing that I have noticed while I have been here is that a several of the locals mentioning that they can their salmon and ship it to the lower 48 as gifts for friends..... From what I read in the regs - that is a NO NO.

sorry to rob the thread..................

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Another thing that I have noticed while I have been here is that a several of the locals mentioning that they can their salmon and ship it to the lower 48 as gifts for friends..... From what I read in the regs - that is a NO NO.
    Not only can a non-res NOT help in any way, to include cleaning or even driving the boat, you may not "give" the fish to anyone outside your immediate family members. However, the immediate family members do not have to be residents to recieve the fish, they just can't help with getting it. You cannot give it to friends.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!