Thread: Arborwear Tech & Cabela's Worsterlon

Default Arborwear Tech & Cabela's Worsterlon

I've recently used some clothing that I like very much for their respective practicality, and thought I'd pass on what I like about them:

Arborwear Tech Pants.
    Unlike most synthetic "trail pants", which tend to be made of thin material more suitable for hot weather or hiking on trails, I was glad to find a pair of pants that have their emphasis on toughness. They are cargo-style with big pockets, double-fronted material on the thighs, and gussetted crotch. The material is soft and quiet, and not at all "swishy" like some nylon pants. Comes in several practical solid colors - grey, brown, etc. Another plus: they come in lots of waist and inseam sizes like blue jeans do, so if you're hard to fit (like me), you should be able to get the size you need. Somewhat pricey at $70, but in my opinion worth it. Two thumbs up.

Cabela's Worsterlon shirt.
    Got one on sale at Cabela's for 19 bucks - usually, they're around $30. Again, a very tough, warm, long-sleeved shirt, made of synthetic (quick drying) material. A very nice alternative to a wool shirt.

The pants look interesting and bring up a few questions that I couldn't find readily on the web. Does the fabric allow any stretch? If so is it 2 way or 4 way? How wind/water proof is the material? How fast does it dry from total saturation? How fast from damp?

Yes, the pants stretch somewhat (e.g. more than cotton pants, or typical nylon "trail pants") , but not nearly as much as soft shell (i.e., Sporthill 3sp pants).

They block the wind fairly well, but I wouldn't call them "windproof" or "windblock."

They're not waterproof. But they dry quickly, and they don't absorb much water. I wore them on a float trip, with a day and a half of steady rain. Portions of the pants got wet several times in that period, but I was pleased with how quickly they dried.

When did Cabelas get Worsterlon back? They have been out of stock for years, I migrated to microtech.

Default worserlon

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    When did Cabelas get Worsterlon back? They have been out of stock for years, I migrated to microtech.
    They just started selling it again last fall.

How does Worsterlon compare to Microtex? I have a lot of Microtex, but would prefer some non-camo colors for some instances.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Default Wosterlon

I own both Microtex and Worsterlon and would say for an all around hunting shirt, the worsterlon gets the nod. As you note, it only comes in solid colors. But, I think it is more durable than the microtex and dries faster. I have several and wore them a lot last hunting season and they still look brand new.

I recently bought both Microtex and Wosterlon shirts. To me the Wosterlon appears tougher and heavier with a tighter weave. I will give a more thorough report in the fall.

Brent

Default Arborwear Tech Pants

I ordered these pants from cabela's a couple of weeks ago and have been hiking in them a few times already, there very comfortable, so far i am impressed with them. I will be taking sheep hunting next weekend and put them to test.

Default microtex

I own both types of material and like them both. The micro is a bit lighter but the worsterlon is probably a bit tougher. I have a shirt that I have worn since '96 over many miles and besides some snags it is still in very good shape. The only problem I had with it was a couple of lost buttons. Otherwise, it's a good buy. It's a toss up for me as to which dries quicker. I don't think that you would go wrong with either choice. Good luck.