Thread: Bang Stick

Default Bang Stick

Does anyone use these? How do they hold up in salt water? Do they work good?I was looking into getting one of these or a 410. Can not make up my mine.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I was also looking into these, I've read they need to be cleaned after every saltwater use, unlike my 410 that i will clean once a summer and they're a lot cheaper then a bang stick. Ive used the same 410 for 5 or 6 years before i just bought a new one this summer.

I called Dewey's and they told me that the one they have will not rust or crode. It's a 357. for $199.00
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default bang stick

I've only seen a bang stick used on a shark charter and it misfired once out of 3 times.
    I've only had a shotgun misfire once ever out of a couple thousand times and that was using somebody's reload.

Last year I picked up a Springfield M6 in .410/.22 hornet. I use it on my buddy's boat for halibut in summer and it breaks down to take on the snowmachine for Ptarms in winter. An extremely ugly gun, but its very functional.

A friend who has one used to live here, and we used it quite a bit without a misfire. It was stainless steel, 44mag. I liked it a whole lot better than a shotgun or a pistol, safety wise, for handling in a boat.

After lots of experiments we settled on the Speer 44 mag shot capsules. Those things really stiffened both sharks and halibut, and never cut a leader.

Haven't checked, but he said you can get them through some dive shops.

Default Bang Sticks

A friend of mine drives charter for heavenly sites in Ninilchick, told me I can buy the .357 stick form heavenly sites for $125.

Do you have a number?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Bang sticks are commonly used here in Florida. Right now is Gator season and they are very commonly used to kill gators once they are brought boatside. I've personally seen one used underwater and they seem to be more lethal when used this way, maybe because of the impressive underwater percussion due to the water pressure..that could be an illusion I guess. Most common are the .357 but I've seen all sorts of calibers.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.freediver.net/freedivelis...angsticks.html

http://www.bangsticks.com/index.html

Default heavenly sites charters

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Do you have a number?
    907-567-7371

Default Bang Sticks

I checked a little while back and Heavenly Sights was out of bang sticks and didn't anticipate getting any until next year....... but I suspect you won't need one until next year. Mine accepts .38 & .357 and both rounds work quite well.