Thread: 1st time in the salt

Default 1st time in the salt

I will be taking my 22' SeaArk to Valdez 9-10 Aug for silvers. Have an 80 Jet Yamaha. The manual says it isn't a problem. Is there anything you can tell me that I should do/know/prep/etc...???

Dont forget to put the plug in and make sure to wash down your boat and motor afterwards to get all the salt off

Default boat

Pretty much like fishwhacker said, but make sure you not only wash your boat and motor down but stop somewhere convenient on the way home and back her in and let her run til warm to flush out the motor. Be sure to hose down your rods and reels too, anything metal for that matter, they'll rust up too. Have a good time, don't be afraid to try mooching instead of trolling, lots of fun. Bring the rain gear!

Default oh and..

either familiarize yourself with the terminal exclusion area or just stay the heck away from it like I do. You really have no need to go near it though, take a right out of the small boat harbor and work between mineral creek and shoup bay and you'll have all the silvers you want. fish on!

Thumbs up DITTOs

on the above advice. Watch the weather and most of all have fun rain or shine!

Good luck.

BTW are there going to be any silvers this year...............

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/