Thread: Draw Permit Time Crunch

Default Draw Permit Time Crunch

I think I have stumbled into a problem. I put in for a Draw Permit. Wait for the happy day, then celebrate when I get drawn. Then I go call flight taxis for a drop-off, only to be told there is no open time to be taken. One of my draws is 47 days from time of notification to hunt being held. Does this happen to anyone else? It, of course, applies to air taxis. Can the permit notification day be backed up?

Depends, what did you draw? What area? I have heard of a lot of people booking their flight a year in advance in hopes they get drawn so they don't run into this problem. TMA with 40 mile air is a prime example.

That's the reason they moved sheep, goat and those few others to a winter draw. What did yopu draw to need an air taxi, Kodiak bear?

Your best bet is to book ahead of time and when you find out you didn't draw to cancel the charter. It should be far enough out that they will refund your deposit if you gave them one.

Make sure you read the fine print. 40 Mile Air, for example, takes 50% down and it's not refundable but you can transfer the deposit to someone else.