Thread: Any silvers in Ship Creek?

Default Any silvers in Ship Creek?

Hey guys,

I convinced my brother to stay an extra week so that we could do a bit more fishing. Im in Anchorage for 2 days and was wondering if there are any silvers in Ship or any other place relatively close to Anchorage?

Thanks in advance
    soda
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Thumbs up Dang soda

I have not heard of any yet but get down there and catch one or two then give us the report. We have to meet up again before you leave town bud.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Ship

Several down there fishing for them tonight, although I did not see any caught.

give it another week or two

Was there Sunday AM fishing for the last day of kings and saw 5 caught. 2 were on eggs by the railroad and 3 upstream from 1 guy flipping. I believe that was the first limit of silvers taken out of Ship.

We're already hooking into a few coho, mostly sockeye, in our "secret spot" in the valley already. Hooked into a nice bright 12lb buck yesterday AM but had to let it go since it was snagged right behind the scissors!

Default silvers

Saw some jumping in Ship in the fishery off Post Rd. I was at Ship on Sunday in the evening and saw one silver cauaght. No kings by anyone
    It'll get good in a week or two.

Thumbs up last weekend

took 2 on satuday & 3 on sunday. my two buddies took 2 a piece each day. also took a 32 lb king on saturday. she was dime bright and full of eggs! the good thing is now the creek is open 24/7 so I don't have to worry about the tides - only whether or not I'll get enough sleep for work.

Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    took 2 on satuday & 3 on sunday. my two buddies took 2 a piece each day. also took a 32 lb king on saturday. she was dime bright and full of eggs! the good thing is now the creek is open 24/7 so I don't have to worry about the tides - only whether or not I'll get enough sleep for work.
    Thats what I like to hear! Im happy you're telling me this but it will cause me to sleep at the reel. even though Ill only be about 4 minutes away from my bed.

Default Ship

I did some combat fishing on Ship Creek a couple of years ago and had a blast. Caught two nice silvers and snagged (and released) a king.

I'm jealous!!

recycle.

any better?

fishwacker?

Jim?

Default Downtown Fishers

Soda, are you a downtown fisher too? I'm across the park strip.

Default Soda, read this.

Oh, if you're looking for Mr. Pink, go to Resurrection in Hope. I stopped there yesterday after a less than memorable dip-netting trip and got 16 in about 2 hours... Would have had about 15 but a few jumped and I got reckless trying to find more of a fight with no drag on my fly rod...