Thread: Salcha River Kings

Default Salcha River Kings

Went out last night (Sun 13th) and we netted two fish and lost several hook-ups.Besides us there where two other boat in view and they also caught two fish a piece that I saw.
    Salmon started rolling at 6 pm and we left at 10pm.Also a co-worker was 50 something miles up river same night catching 18-20 inch Grayling and they said they saw Kings rolling up there also.
    Im headed back out to see If I can get some video and more fish.If ya'll see a boat with a Yellow and Chocolate Lab aboard say howdy.Will try and get pics on later.Daniel

Just got back in tonight (14 July) and we landed one King and the dang camcorder was dead and we managed to get me on video from the camera.I'll try and figure out how to post the video later.

I did not get a pic as after I un hooked him that fish rolled on me as I was trying to gill it and I lost him back in the river...even tho Im catch and releasing them anyways,but a pic would have been nice.

One other boat landed one fish and lost two others.The kings started rolling at 6:07pm and off and on till 10 they where still there.

Daniel

Default 1st attempt at video

Ended up cathing one fish and lost two.We tried to video and the cam was dead so we triied the video on the camera and this is what my fishing partner captured on video.

I hope this link works,so here goes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKSemperFi

Default Kings

We got a couple saturday night out of the chena. Saw several roll. Enjoy while they are here!

a) How long does the run on the Salcha last? (Assuming near Delta)

b) Is the chance of getting anything worth eating/smoking absolutely zero, or what? Curious... but also like to fish just for the fun of it. Went last year but forgot when it was...

Brian

Cool beans Rogers,I usually fish the Chena,but I really am trying to strictly do the Salcha this year.Ive seen fish roll every time Ive been out there.Am heading out again soon,as Im off for the next three days.

And Brian to answer your questions,the Salcha is closer to Eielson than Delta.And every fish we caught was still stought enough to eat and smoking them would be no problem.This year its all for fun for me,just catch and release.Daniel

Default Kings

Got another one Friday night but not much rolling. How is the Salcha? Anything in there now?

I heard thru a fella Saturday that Friday night a surge came thru and he caught 3 fish in less than an hour and told his friend to get to the river.I wasnt able to get on to it this weekend myself.I couldnt get the wife to go with me.