Thread: New Guns In Stock

Forum Sponsor

Default New Guns In Stock

Here is a list of some of the new rifles and handguns I have in stock with prices for Alaska Outdoor forum members.

Marlin 1895GS Stainless 45-70 guide gun $599
    Marlin 60SS Stainless semi-auto 22lr $200
    Mossberg 500 Bantam Youth 20ga, 3 chokes and adjustable Length of Pull $289
    Remington 700 XCR 338 Win. Mag. $949
    Remington 870 18” cylinder bore bear gun $350
    Ruger 10/22 blue carbine 22lr $220
    Ruger 77mkII 30-06 ultra light $625
    Smith and Wesson 642 hammerless 38 special $450
    Savage 116 Alaska Guide 375 H&H $675
    Savage /Stevens 200 blue/synthetic 7mm Rem Mag. $325
    Springfield XD 40 4” $475
    Taurus 1911 stainless steel 45ACP $650

Be sure to mention this forum for these Prices and be sure to check out our other guns as well!

Quote Originally Posted by suntiet View Post
    Here is a list of some of the new rifles and handguns I have in stock with prices for Alaska Outdoor forum members.

Marlin 1895GS Stainless 45-70 guide gun $599
    Marlin 60SS Stainless semi-auto 22lr $200
    Mossberg 500 Bantam Youth 20ga, 3 chokes and adjustable Length of Pull $289
    Remington 700 XCR 338 Win. Mag. $949
    Remington 870 18” cylinder bore bear gun $350
    Ruger 10/22 blue carbine 22lr $220
    Ruger 77mkII 30-06 ultra light $625
    Smith and Wesson 642 hammerless 38 special $450
    Savage 116 Alaska Guide 375 H&H $675
    Savage /Stevens 200 blue/synthetic 7mm Rem Mag. $325
    Springfield XD 40 4” $475
    Taurus 1911 stainless steel 45ACP $650

Be sure to mention this forum for these Prices and be sure to check out our other guns as well!
    Are these prices listed... with a discount for AOD members
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Buster View Post

That was my initial reaction as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Buster View Post
    Hey, what do you expect from a guy sneaking around posting free ads? Obviously he NEEDS the money!

Sorry Suntiet, but I don't pump our businesses here, so I gotta get grumpy.

Uh......I'll bring you guys up to speed......

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=31155

Thanks for sponsoring the forum suntiet. I hope the gunshops like you guys can stay open so we don't have to go to walmart to buy our guns.

schmidty

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

BrownBear, I find that my pointy cowboy boots fit into my mouth better and also have a preferable flavor over my work boots..............

hope you werent wearing your work boots.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default Hmmm

I certainly appreciate them sponsoring the forum too, but somehow this doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    I certainly appreciate them sponsoring the forum too, but somehow this doesn't feel right.
    What doesn't feel right?

Default I don't know

So, I'll just let it be. It's not my forum. Like I said, their sponsorship is appreciated. What is involved in sponsoring the forum(s), contributions or ?

Suntiet (Alaska Custom Firearms) sponsors this forum, which does indeed mean that they paid to place ads here, much like Cameraland does in the Optics Forum and Backcountry Home Magazine does in the Cabins Forum. Along with the sponsorship fee comes the right to post periodic messages about sales, deals, etc. This isn't a new feature of the site, nor is this the only sponsor taking advantage of the deal. Sponsors and advertisers are the reason that this site is able to exist and grow free of charge to the rest of us.

If you guys would like more details on what forum sponsorship entails, you can read about it here.

I've seen on other forums where sponsors have a signature or something that says who they are and the fact that they are sponsors. It's very much like haveing a salesman knock on your door at dinner time. You immediatly go into grumpy mode but when you open the door and see that it's the UPS guy with a package for you everything changes.

Default Business

Okay, so being a sponsor in this case is a business proposition, not an altruistic action, such as, "hey, this Outdoors Directory is a great site for sports people within and outside of Alaska, I think I'll contribute to the site." If this is needed for the site to develop and survive, that's fair.

That's not a bad call, instead of putting member under their name, put forum sponsor or something to that effect. Course you may be constrained by what the program is able to do.... I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    Okay, so being a sponsor in this case is a business proposition, not an altruistic action, such as, "hey, this Outdoors Directory is a great site for sports people within and outside of Alaska, I think I'll contribute to the site." If this is needed for the site to develop and survive, that's fair.
    I really don't see a problem with advertising guns for sale in his shop. He's trying to establish a business, that is greatly needed in this town, plus provide funding for this great forum. He's offering members a discount and providing quality gunsmith advice on the forum threads. That's a lot of service for zero guaranteed return for his time and money

Default Hey guys

give him a break. He is sponsor like said. I agree about a way to tell them apart from the general public.

If you don't the like prices then that is your right. Sure you might be able to find them cheaper somewhere. They seem fair to me, not really sure what most of them are... But the guide guns and ruger seem fair. He is a very small shop by Wiggies Alaksa just north of Dimond on Old Seward and then on the right, near the Chevron station and next to Papa Johns Pizza.

I stopped in there to get my stock screws loose, the guy I bought it from on here Loc tited every freakin screw on the gun. He told me a good way to get it loose for future troubles. I told him to go ahead and do it. Not even a few minutes and he was done. I was told a price over the phone and was expecting to pay that amount alteast. We started talking, shooting the .... more like it. I had to force him to take some money pretty much. Don't expect that for your bill though! Definately a nice guy and cool little shop. I seen the ad on here and his posts. I had no idea who to use other wise and it turned out good. I ddn't strip the screws or have to mar the finish trying. Plain and simple saved me a huge headache.

Stop in see what is on sale. Check out the store atleast. Go see Mark at Wiggys, another great guy and a lot help too.

Just an opinion from a customer of Steve's here. I have been collecting/shooting guns since I was 8. ( grew up in Tennesee, not much else to do, right?) I have had work done and purchased guns from the shop and have been in numerous times since the opening. If you can find better prices and quality work from a custom shop in town then good luck. If I need any work, or have questions about upgrades, etc. Steve's shop will be where I head too. Very approachable and easy to talk to, unlike most of the shops in town. Man, I should get paid for that endorsement!

Default My 2 cents...

I stopped by Steve's shop to check it out today and I really liked him. He was very easy to talk to and was full of good information, and I wasn't even buying anything. I asked him about bringing one of my rifles in to get him to fix something and he told me a super easy way to fix it myself. I went home and it freaking worked, fast. I'm stoked. He also had pretty decent prices and when he heard that I read about him on this forum he knocked a good bit off the price listed. This guy definately deserves a chance in this market.