Thread: Dip Net Pole

Default Dip Net Pole

I am looking for the LONG Dipnet fiberglass pole that RANGER makes. I am in Fairbanks and I cannot find it anywhere. I originally bought one in 98 at Mountain View Sports in Anchorage. IF anyone is heading down or coming up there to FBX and are interested in making a few extra bucks...or fish or gamemeat??
    I will give the money to you and if you could bring two of them up for me. I am not sure of the recent price (will need to call) I bought mine for $50.00 back then.
    THanks

check out frontier outfitters, was there the other day and they had a long fiberglass pole...

Default AIH

It isn't fiberglass, but AIH sells bull float poles. Each section is 6'. Same neck as a dipnet hoop. Put as many as you need together. Fabricate a shovel handle or purchase a ready made one from places like B&Js. I have 6 sections and two handles, meets all my needs. I think the manufacturer is Marshalltown.

Default Advice

Nowhere in Fairbanks has the Ranger brand. I already looked at Frontier they sell the Cummings. There is a major difference the Ranger is a much thicker grade (thickness) and is almost pole vault quality. I use to do track and field and fiberglass is the same thing they use for pole vault. If it is good enough to launch a 150+ man in the air 10+ feet and never break...works great for dipping.
    I will look at AIH but I think I like sticking with the fiberglass. I have had mine since 98 and I only shore dip and in some very strong strong eddies where the pole is literally bent 90 degrees/ and I drilled a hole through it to put a eye bolt. I have tried other poles as back ups (steel, aluminum etc) none of them seem to ever hold up to the rough areas I dip. I picked up a cummings as a back up and it is working fine....just feel better with the Ranger...I do like frontier for their nets/hoops bought the large round one from them...have two...one primary and one back up or for a friend to come.
    Thanks all for the advice but I do need to find someone to bring one up for me...there is something in it for you

OK how about a aluminum pole? I need a 5 of six foot Pole. I think its 1 1/4. With the T handle. I have two but I need one more.

Default Sportsmans Warehouse?

I went to the Sportmans warehouse in Wasilla. I just picked up a 12 footer there and they had 15 footers. Have you tried the store in Fairbanks?

Default Repeat

Alright everyone::
    I know everyone is trying to help but I am not stupid or ignorant or have not been everywhere.
    I am a man who knows want he wants..I want ONLY a RANGER fiberglass pole: not advice on other types (dipping for 10 + years and have tried all types) or where to look
    I have looked everywhere in FBX and they do not, nobody carrries this. I have asked managers etc.
    THis is one reason (no offense) I am so ready to leave FBX, because when you try to find specialized equipment nobody has it and everyone looks at you as if you are alien...will be happy to be back in ANC or go to Germany (either one)
    Unfortunately Sportsmans in FBX and ANC do carry different stuff...dumb and annoying.
    SOrry to offend anyone but I think I need to clarify...seems too many people wanting/trying to help but are not. THanks