Thread: Slope Update

Default Slope Update

Anyone have any update on the bou on the slope? Location? Weather? Road Conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechshooter View Post
    Anyone have any update on the bou on the slope? Location? Weather? Road Conditions?

Do to high gas prices, the Caribou won't be migrating this season
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thats a good one......the fuel prices make me do a little bit more research this year than just packing up and heading out. Thanks for the update....

This was posted two days ago in a different section by Bigdaddy:

Caribou intel as of 7/11/08- I flew from Pump Station 2 to the Kuparuk River road/pipeline crossing. I saw no caribou. The helicopter pilot said he hasn't seen any, except near Prudhoe. There were some muskox, but that was it. Temerature was about 65 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    This was posted two days ago in a different section by Bigdaddy:

Caribou intel as of 7/11/08- I flew from Pump Station 2 to the Kuparuk River road/pipeline crossing. I saw no caribou. The helicopter pilot said he hasn't seen any, except near Prudhoe. There were some muskox, but that was it. Temerature was about 65 degrees.

They are always way north this time of year or the bugs will drive them to insanity. The road condition is always the same..... good and bad depending on the hour. The same goes for the Caribou, reports on here mean squat cuz that changes by the hour as well. If folks on here say the Caribou are there dont go, if they say they arent there... go. Theres nothing to be gained by a report on here for the slope. The only thing a guy can do is go up there and give it a whirl and with gas pushing $5.50 -$6 a gallon in Coldfoot I wouldn't be running up there on a whim either.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    They are always way north this time of year or the bugs will drive them to insanity. The road condition is always the same..... good and bad depending on the hour. The same goes for the Caribou, reports on here mean squat cuz that changes by the hour as well. If folks on here say the Caribou are there dont go, if they say they arent there... go. Theres nothing to be gained by a report on here for the slope. The only thing a guy can do is go up there and give it a whirl and with gas pushing $5.50 -$6 a gallon in Coldfoot I wouldn't be running up there on a whim either.
    Asking where the boo on the slope are is the biggest running joke on this board. You weren't supposed to tell anyone nieve enough to ask that all the slope boo movement info is worthless. You got any idea where the mosquitos are at today

There's 5 nice bulls and a few cows feeding not 50 yards from me right now(8:20PM AST)...but alas we're on the field so they're off limits. Beside's they look like chemo patients right now.

BTW caribou antlers in the velvet/still growing phase vibrate quite a bit when they trot or run. I did not know that until I saw it happen.

Unless you're looking to climb up into the sheep country wait until after the first hard frost (Mid to late Aug)

They are still there.
    They are north of the range.
    The weather sucks.
    The road sucks worse.
    Sorry, couldn't help it. lol