Thread: Big Klutina king

Default Big Klutina king

Hope this pic works. It's my first time posting a pic. I caught this king the other day. It was my only king in two days fishing but it was worth it! I caught one a bit smaller 2 yrs ago that weighed 55lbs. I know for a fact this one was bigger but we didn't have a scale this time. Probably a 60 plus pound king. My biggest king ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW! Look at that head!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

OHHH wow!! thats amazing!!
    How long did youhave to fight that monster? Tell us more....

Default I know

I know. We couldn't get over the size of the head. If it wasn't for his K9 sized teeth I woulda got a pic with my head in his mouth! My buddy caught a 25lbs buck and it was the same thing: Huge head, and long snout.

Default Sweet!

I am not worthy....

Great Fish, I am very jealous. TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

That is a cool looking head!!! Nice job.

monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!v

What a toad!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

WOW! i watched guys pulling out big kings from klutina last year but that one is a monster.

I've never seen a king that big come out of Klutina, what a beauty!!!!....Congrats!

Thumbs up where from?

Upper, lower, mouth of river? Bait or tackle used? Whatta hog!! WTG

Default Tookan Sam Beak

WOW, look at the beak on that thing!!! Way to go, nice fish. I'm going to be floating the Klutina quite a bit in the coming weeks and hope to get into some Kings. If you are willing to share any info on locations, tackle, etc. I'd love to hear the story. How was the meat on that Pig?

Thumbs up Holy Moly

As my wife calls them it is a freaking Hogzilla. Nice catch
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    it is a freaking Hogzilla.
    now thats funny!

Default Another pic

If your going with a charter boat I think they call it "2 mile hole". You can also hike into it like I did. We were using roe for the first day and a half and we only got one king to that point. We kept seeing them roll but we couldn't get em to strike so I switched to a single hook with a bright orange ball with bright green yarn and just drifted through the area I saw them rolling then Wham! If you look at his monster beak it has a cut indention torwards the tip. That is where my line ended up wrapping around and thats right where I hooked him. I have seen pics in the lodges there of some fish that were much bigger than mine so I know there are some 70lbs fish in that river. Here is another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default How to get to two mile hole.

I am coming up from Virgina next week and am planning on spending most of my time at the Klutina. Where do you park to hike to 2 mile hole? Is it up the river or down the river? Thanks for your help.

When you drifted the orange ball and yarn did you add any weight? Nice fish!!