Thread: nancy lake area

Default nancy lake area

looking for any information about the nancy lake bow only area. good area to go or wasting time?

Default Wondering that too!!

I've been out there several times to camp & fish with the family. Have seen spike forks, many grouse, and fox. Believe you have to be a half to a mile off the roads. Also, think you have to be I.B.E.P. certified (I am). Wondering if you can use their trail systems to hunt?

Default Waste of time...

Waste of time, never had much luck...

Alot of road hunters, competition is steep. Also lots of micelanious users who are out and about messing things up.

Default Sucks

well that sucks. i was thinking since it was a bow only and IBEP area that it may be a better place than most. oh well another disapointment!

If you have a canoe it is not a wast of time at all. I have numerous friends that have shot legal moose out of there by getting as far back as they can with their canoes. Mostly spike/forks, but a couple dandy 50" plus kills.

hunted this area and did not see one moose. plenty of tracks but couldn't tell how fresh they were due to the muckiness. oh well theres always next year!

Default moose

Went out there the last opened weekend. Started out great! Driving in we saw a small bull and then, as we started to walk, we saw a cow feeding. Thought we might connect on something, but didn't see anything else the rest of the day. Did see a few grouse, went 0-3 that day. Keep shooting over their backs by an inch or two. Guess cause they were so close. All in all a great day!!!