Thread: 3d target

Default 3d target

Any ideas on how to repair a Delta 3d deer target? I've been shooting broadheads through this target for the past few years and have a big hole in the vital area that needs repaired. Need ideas on how to repair it, since it doesn't have a replaceable center. Thanks.

Default Repair kit

There is a repair kit out there somewhere. When I lived in NY, I bought a 2-part mix from the local archery store. You lay the target down, mixed the stuff, poured it in and smoothed it out. Worked pretty well.

Expandable foam insulation can be used too. Won't last as long but easily available.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

second vote for spray can insulation
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

The foam insulation called Great Stuff. Mine has lasted for quite a while now.

I just saw repair kits in the Cabelas archery catalog.

Default Great Stuff

I've used great stuff in milk jugs for targets. Didn't like it, to much. Once the shaft went through it always had sticky foam residue on it. It was hard to clean off and I hated to have to clean every shaft every time I shot. I thought about taking a saw and cutting the portion out cleanly. Then taking a replacement center for a mac and fitting it in the hole. Don't know how I would secure it, inless I use dowels. Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

I like to move the neck and head around to the ass side of the deer and use the inside area of the hips (New Shoulder) as my vital area. You can secure the neck with some metal wire or some long metal pins.

Iíve never tried the below mentioned foam but that sounds like a good idea too.

Default foam can

i made a whole target out of the great stuff foam. it works awsome! spray a little at a time though, it takes awhile to dry (like the guy said he gets sticky stuff on his arrows. i found paint thinner works for that). that and when i shoot part of it out i just have to spend $5 and spray it again!
    Last edited by wantamoose; 07-22-2008 at 01:39. Reason: wrong name of product.