Ok guys and gals
    with aodd ride coming
    i was wondering do you haul your camp on your wheeler
    or do you drag a trailer???? and why is that you preferance
    i have used the trailer but kind of wondering how smart
    that is for a trip like the one coming sence i know nothing
    about the ride from when we turn up the LN and get back to tyone
    but look like water is pretty high on flat creek from the pictures posted
    this morning and i have fine tuned the campo sence this trip the wife is learning

I went in Eureka with another guy carrying all our camping on the racks of the 2 machines, 4 days camping on different rivers everynite. The Eureka trip before that was 10 days and everyone with a trailer. It only depends on how much gear you want to take.
    You are only going to the Tyone which is only a couple miles further in than the LN. You will be traveling SLOW and with a bunch of people. Haul in whatever you want, perfect opportunity to take the piano with ya
    Put a mattress on top of the trailer so can can take naps at all the stops a caravan makes.

Default i should have known

hehehehehe
    hey dws are you going ??????
    and im not taking naps this time
    i am a big boy now

We usually take trailers in but this year slimmed down the gear a tad and fit it all on the racks. Its always a nicer ride without the trailers but it all depends on how much you want to bring along with you.
    Throw all your gear down beside your wheeler and use your imagination and see if you can make just the racks work for you.I happen to have a fairly big meat trailer and my wife seems to think she has to use all the space up and Im the one who ends up crossing the rivers and going back up Monument with it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by thehappyalaskan View Post
    hehehehehe
    hey dws are you going ??????
    and im not taking naps this time
    i am a big boy now
    No, august will be my next camping trip in Eureka. If I were you I would take the trailer and everything possible to make your wife comfortable and happy. The terrain won't stop you and you'll have plenty of help along. Set up camp and take short rides without the trailer. Don't forget folding chairs, who the heck wants to sit on the ground?

Default i am so in trouble

but why not with the differant things i ask here is part of the reason
    you see my dear wife Mrs Happy Alaskan just got home from shopping with are 2 folding tables to go with our 2 folding chairs we already had
    hehehehe and when i laughed she said what why are you laughing do i need a bigger one they had it hehehehehe

Here's a pic of last years hunt -

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

This is my rig. This is one of two trips required to get my whole camp to location. This pic is a return trip, yes there is a moose in the trailer.

This is an older pic but i'll post it anyway. 04 ForemanES and PakRat trailer.

Pack how you wish for this trip, might as well be comfy! I'm sure I'll have something along I "don't need", lol........ I will probly leave my trailer at home but I have more storage room with the 6x.

Have learned to use a trailer. Does not matter how big the trailer is you will fill it up! If you go moose hunting it would be impossible to carry your camp and a moose on an ATV.

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    Throw all your gear down beside your wheeler and use your imagination and see if you can make just the racks work for you.
    I think that's the best advice. Or just take the trailer since you have one. I would probably use a trailer if I had one and HouseHold 6 were coming.

H
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

I've done it both ways and I'd much rather leave the trailer home. For camping with our gear on the racks we just pack similar to a backpack trip. Pump/filter for water, MST stove, smaller tent..etc. I find it much more enjoyable this way.

This pic is of all the gear we took on a 2 day trip and we could have stayed out a week with the same amount of gear. My backpack is by my helmet as I prepair to fix a little issue on my quad.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've done it both ways and I'd much rather leave the trailer home. For camping with our gear on the racks we just pack similar to a backpack trip. Pump/filter for water, MST stove, smaller tent..etc. I find it much more enjoyable this way.

This pic is of all the gear we took on a 2 day trip and we could have stayed out a week with the same amount of gear. My backpack is by my helmet as I prepair to fix a little issue on my quad.
    Little issue? Is that a 'suspension malfunction'?

A solid rear axle might have averted the situation

Slow down DWS. tis a joke

Actually, the ATV on the left has it's winch cable attached to the far side on my ATV so I can get the right rear tire off. I sucked up a rock somewhere that snapped one of the bolts mounting the brake caliper. It rotated down and grabbed the inside of the aluminum rim..punching a hole through it. I had to remove the caliper, then ride out 12 miles with a flat. The Mud Bugs never came off the rim..tough tire.