Thread: shooting matches

Default shooting matches

hello all,
    my name is alex and i am a student at university of alaska fairbanks. anyways i have spent some time working on building up a three-gun setup which i have sort of completed for now. what i would like to know is are there any three-gun matches in the fairbanks area? if not, then what about individual pistol rifle or shotgun matches? i am not much of a shot and not really interested in cowboy action just looking to get out and have a little more fun than typical target practice. if anyone has any info they could relay to me via website phone numbers or whatever, that would be great. i see a couple of posts for shoots down by anch. but that is too far for me. anything within an hour of fairbanks will probably work. thanks a lot guys i hope this turns up some fun competition!

Fairbanks, AK

Default Taps

Hey Alex,
    Welcome to the forum. There are monthly shoots with the Fairbanks TAPS, Tactical and Practical Shooting. They are a USPSA affiliated club. Next shoot is this weekend at the Police range out by the airport. They had their annual 3 gun shoot in May. Any way the pistol shoots are a blast. You can PM me for more info or check with Bill at Pro Tec on Van Horn.