Thread: baikal Shotguns???

Default baikal Shotguns???

anyone ever heard of baikal shotguns? I'm interested in a 12ga pump that someone is selling, kinda looks like a winchester 1200. Anyone know anything about them??

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman77 View Post
    anyone ever heard of baikal shotguns? I'm interested in a 12ga pump that someone is selling, kinda looks like a winchester 1200. Anyone know anything about them??
    I've got one of their SXS 20's. Fit and finish is a little coarse, but it's a solid performer. I felt like I got a deal weighing dollars against function on a double, but I don't have any experience with their pumps.

All Baikal shotguns I've shouldered seem like total junk. I honestly wouldn't pay $250 for a brand new Baikal O/U. The stocks don't seem all that well attached to the receiver and the ugly wood basically has no finish. And the stocks are very short (probably because the Baikal factory is in the Asian part of Russia). If you're over 5'7 and have average length arms, I don't know how you could shoulder one correctly (especially if you do any snap shooting). I'm 6'1 and anytime I try to shoulder one it's literally like I'm trying to shoulder a youth model. I don't mean half an inch... I mean 3-4 inches too short.

Find yourself a used BPS that has a smooth action. You won't be disappointed.