Thread: fishing license for 11yr old?

Default fishing license for 11yr old?

Does an 11 yr old need a fishing license? and if he does not need a fishing license can he keep a limit of fish? I thought I read that a kid does not need a license - however if you want to keep a limit of fish caught by the child - the child needs a license??? Thanks for any info.....

If you are under 16 you dont need a licence, and you can still keep the limit. The only difference between a kid fishing and a adult fishing is the kid does not need a licence.

While not required to purchase a license, I think that children under 16 still have to keep a "Harvest Card" for species w/ an annual limit.

I think you can pick these up where ever licenses are sold.

Default thanks for the reply

If I get my fishing license online do I get one one of these havest cards and how would i get one for my son if he is not applying on line.??

Maybe it is best to just wait until we get to Alaska to buy licenses........

Your child gets to fish without a license and can keep a limit of fish, but for Kings you will have to pick up a harvest card. These can be picked up for free at any sporting goods store or walmart in Alaska. I dont think you can get them online.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Under 16 only needs a havest ticket, they can be picked up free just about anywhere license's are sold Enjoy Your Trip!