Thread: Our first "real" Garden

Default Our first "real" Garden

This year we planted alot more than before hence a real garden.
    Peas, greenleaf lettce, beets,and brocoli in one box. In the other are beans, carrots, cucumbers,and zucini. The strawberries were a latter addition due to the fact that the cucumbers got fried, and I doubt they will make it! We planted the friday of memorial day weekend. Soaked everything real good and then covered in plastic for a couple of weeks.
    I will be plantig some spinach and raddishes this week, I know it's late in the year however I know I can get a bit of product before the season ends.
    As with anything change is possible and welcomed. so lots of plans for next year.

here are the missing photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default tag along tomatoes

These have been covered the whole summer in a custom fit green house minus a few hot days.
    I have great hopes these will be great! Last years tomatoes were ripened in the house.

Default Right on

Good looking garden and those maters look so yummy. Got me wanting a mater sandwich right now.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default stupid wind

So I was going to post a picture of the peas they got over six ft. then I woke up this morning to find the wind had blown them down! aparently they were not secure enough. they are still intact and I belive will be ok. In other news brocoli started to grow nice little bunches, and tomoto's are getting big. Hopefully the weather will stay nice.

Default update

Still getting tons of lettuce, peas recovered from the wind storm, the tomatoes are turning red!!! and the zuccini's been flowering and we have hopes of a great falll harvest.

Default 2008 pics

I am excited about this year and have finally have time to post some pictures from last year. The zuccini plants bloomed the third week in Aug.
    the bowl of pease was just a drop in the bucket. And concerning tomatoes, well they got devooured too fast off the vine for pictures. Our second year with tomatoes and finished off around 30-40?
    This year we have three plants one being a cherry variety, well see!

Quote Originally Posted by stuckupnorth View Post
    I am excited about this year and have finally have time to post some pictures from last year. The zuccini plants bloomed the third week in Aug.
    the bowl of pease was just a drop in the bucket. And concerning tomatoes, well they got devooured too fast off the vine for pictures. Our second year with tomatoes and finished off around 30-40?
    This year we have three plants one being a cherry variety, well see!
    Love those giant Alaskan zucchini. They are just the right size for a gherkin pickle. Those are great pictures.