Thread: What to wear?

Default What to wear?

We will be in Seward from July 27 thru August 2 .We will be salmon fishing for a few days and one day of halibut fishing.What should we bring to wear?What weather can we expect?

Thanks MountainDew

You can spend as much money as you want and get the best gear if you like but since you didn't specify a price I will give you the good old dress in layers routine. i doubt that you will really be working up a big sweat fishing like you would if you were hiking/hunting. I would go with real raingear cause being wet sux! I like HH impertech but their "work gear" is heavier and cheaper which is probably fine for fishing. Polar fleece jackets, long sleeve shirts in poly maybe a wool pllover (can be very expensive) A windbreaker shell is nice but a rain jacket also will work as a windbreaker. A light hat that can cover your ears is a good idea and I like some lightweight gloves, I use cheap fleece lined neoprene gloves from wal-mart. If you are going to be wearing chest waders then there are a bunch of good wader liners that will also do double duty as a good pair of long johns for your boat trip.
    The most important thing to remember is that if you have a spouse or significant other that is going fishing with you make sure you get her as good or better gear than yourself. Ladies tend to get cold easier than guys and conditions that you may consider uncomfortable will be downright miserable for her! If you want to enjoy a future of fun family fishing then this should be rule #1. Have Fun!

Thumbs up Words to the wise:

Lujon speaks truth:

The most important thing to remember is that if you have a spouse or significant other that is going fishing with you make sure you get her as good or better gear than yourself. Ladies tend to get cold easier than guys and conditions that you may consider uncomfortable will be downright miserable for her! If you want to enjoy a future of fun family fishing then this should be rule #1. Have Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Lujon speaks truth:

How absolutely true! That's the #1 rule in my house,