Thread: Help fishing Valdez w/ kids

Default Help fishing Valdez w/ kids

Any one with info. on fishing Valdez for the pinks late July.
    I have 3 young ones that want to fish, we have a pop up camper and want to camp and fish the same sopt.
    My kids are very young but they are troopers and should do well, is Allison point a good area?
    Do they take reservations?
    Thanks.

Went out there second week of August last year. We stayed at one of the places in down town Valdez. Allyson Pt is where you go though with the kids. It was a lot of fun. We fished right off the rocks there. You'll see when you get there. There are places to set up the camper at Allyson Pt and I am not sure if you need reservations. We stayed in Valdez for 1 week so we went with full water and electricity hookup, whereas Allyson Pt doesn't have any hookups. We were in the thick of it, so getting to them was easy from the rocks.

Have fun!

My family (my wife and two boys) and I just got back from Valdez and we spent a week at Alison Point. Great camping, fishing and views along the ocean there. We had no problem catching all the pinks we could use. The pinks from there are really good to eat fresh but mostly we just can them. This year my wife did four cases. They make good salmon patties/burgers. The campground there cost $12/day or $60/week. Water is available in a tank and they have outhouses. I do not know if they take reservations but there was lots of open spots when we were there. Be cautious of the bears though -- we had a griz tear up some of our camping stuff one night. We also had a griz come to the beach when we were cleaning some of our fish and hurried us out of the way and ate our fillet-out fish. My five year old boy even caught a salmon all by his self and my ten year old had no problem catching his limit (6/day). We also did some nice hiking there up in the mountains (saw another griz) and there is a bike trail from there all the way to the town of Valdez. All in all, this is our favorite summer camping trip.