Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has the record?

Default Who has the record?

for the most consectutive "didn't draw" years?

I have 3 now...
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

I'm just the opposite. 4 years here and 4 drawn hunts. I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
    I'm just the opposite. 4 years here and 4 drawn hunts. I'm a happy camper.
    Way to pour salt in the wound buddy.

3 years is the longest I've gone without a draw, but I have had my share of permits.

Sheep: 5
    Goat: 1
    Moose: 5
    Caribou tier 2: 14 years straight till I got sick of the politics. I don't even put in for it any more.
    Caribou: 2

So I try not to complain when I don't get drawn .....

Default 2 decades

Went 20 years with out getting a permit and diligently applied every year. Now I have been successful in obtaining a drawing permit 3 out of the last 4 years. Go figure.

Default All in favor

of drawing a permit to shoot casper....

You're a lucky guy! You should give me your permit and take your luck to Vegas!
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default no draws

My hunting partner has not been drawn for at least 15 years....in fact he has never been drawn for anything that I know of! I try not to stand too close to him when I fill out my draw applications!

I went 8 for 8 years drawing or obtaining a permit of some kind. draw BB, moose(2), sheep(2),caribou. The two years I did not draw I got a tier 1 Caribou permit. Then I went 9 years without any draws. This year is the first time drawn since 1999.

--------------

"You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Been to Lost Vegas. Never lost much never won much.

1 permit in 12 years and due to work I couldn't use it. Just reading the results I see kid I know who is 12 just drew his second Muskox permit. Oh well, someday.............

My first 12 years I never drew. I dont even put in anymore. I can save my money and pay for a fly-in.

Angry

38 years, 2 permits?? Figure it out, probably 25 to 30 bucks a year.

Who has the record?
    for the most consectutive "didn't draw" years?

I have 3 now...

For all of you that haven't been drawn for more than 5 years, for the "SAME" particular hunt and unit, wether it be sheep, moose, bear etc. you guys should get preference points, and just build them up from there.

Default I must have bum karma ....

I've been putting in, regularly, for Delta bison - bull or cow, and usually for winter Farewell Bison, for 27 years. Most years my wife also puts in for both Delta hunts, too. Nada.

I was 38 years old when I started putting in. Now I'm still fit and vigorous @ 65. Hope to get a permit before I need a walker.

I would like to see Bison as a once in a life time hunt .... for Alaskans only. I resent non-residents being eligible for the draw. They simply reduce my chances of ever having a Bison permit.

But Ak F&G wants the Bison drawing pool to be as large as possible. After all, they have a financial incentive.

32 years for me. Been trying for bison, moose, and brown bear every year. Never been drawn for any.
    Did score a couple of Tier II when the numbers were higher.
    Back in the 70's I knew a guy who was doing volenteer work for F&G on the Delta bison herds and guess what, he was drawn for bison in Delta 2 years in a row.

35 years and no bison, but this year i got a drawing tag for a hunt i didnt apply for, got a Delta cow moose tag, hunt 799, i dont live, or hunt in the Delta area, applied for 2 different moose hunts and Delta wansnt one of them. Dont know what fish and game is upto but i can guarenty im not going to Delta for a cow

I'm another "never hit a draw" again this year!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Im on my second now and nothing. There are alot of good non drawing hunts out there so I am not going to get too discouraged, but out of everything I put in for the last two years I was hoping to get something. Who knows how long I will be able to stay here being in the military and with my goal of taking at least a couple of trophies out of here in case my wife does not let me stay I am off to a rough start! I have had some amazing adventures though with lots of pics to show for it so life ain't so bad!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    But Ak F&G wants the Bison drawing pool to be as large as possible. After all, they have a financial incentive.
    Feel lucky. I left Montana after 20 years of appling and never drew a big game tag ( Moose,Goat Sheep) To apply you must give $78 for each of the 3.So just to apply for these 3 your out $234 They keep your money for months to collect on the interest and then send you a refund if you don't owe tax's or child support or a bunch of other things for $73 of the $78 you sent in.
    Having been here for 2 years now the system here seems much better.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast