Thread: Rafting instruction?

Default Rafting instruction?

I would really like to get some rafting experience before a Chitna River expedition I'm going on in early August. Of the 4 guys going, we have ZERO experience, and although the Chitna is only class I-II, we're going to be piloting a 18' cataraft loaded with 4 guys and a lot of gear.

Is there anyone out there that wants to teach two guys the basics of piloting a large raft? Maybe a day or 1/2 day on the upper Kenai?

We are happy to either pay for a rental from AKR&K, or pay you to use your raft, plus we're willing to pay for your gas, lunch, etc.

A certified instructor is a plus, but anyone with a lot of experience would be fine.

Dates we're available are as follows: Sundays are best (7/27 and 8/3), but I'm off on Mondays and Tuesdays as well 7/29, 7/30 and 8/4, 8/5.

Thanks so much!!!

Default Eagle River

I would be willing to help. Why not on eagle river though?? Not a certified instructor, but been rafting since I was seven.

Chris

I'm down with Eagle River. Let me know if any of the dates I listed work for you. Thanks a lot!

Go buy "The Complete Whitewater Rafter" by Jeff Bennett. You can get it cheap online and it is a great book.

Beware the German Man Zeb