Thread: Halibut rod repair ?

Default Halibut rod repair ?

Does anyone know where I can get replacement rollers for my ugly stick. The rod is 20yrs. old and the rollers are done they don't spin know more cause the little plastic bushings on the side are worn. action H 30-80

Default Aritic & International

There is a shop there in that little mall I always use

Tackle repair shop thanks but I stopped in there today and had nothing thanks.

I know a fellow in girdwood that repairs rods. He had made a quite a few halibut rods for me. Would you like his contact info?

Default Rod repair...

Here's a web address to Mudhole tackle. You can buy new rollers from them. I shop there quite a bit... If the link doesn't work, copy it and paste it in your browser. http://www.mudhole.com/

If you don't know how to replace the rollers and you can't find anyone around town willing to do it, let me know. I might be able to hook you up...

Mountain view sports sells rollers and tips for most rods.

Thanks guys for the help I tried mountain view to nada, the rollars are aftco and the numbers and how many I need are #51x2 #41x1 and #31x4 I just need the roller itself and the sleve not the guides with them Thanks

Default Tough order to fill

If you are just looking for replacement parts your best bet may be to go directly to Aftco. They should have a web page with contact email. Just tell them how much you like the guides andwould like replacement parts. If they won't sell them to you they should know who will. You may have to replace the entire guide though

Thanks high pockets no need to switch the whole guide though, the tackle repair shop had a couple of used ones they pulled off the shelf for me but still interested in switching all of them to new and was just seeing if anyone had some new ones laying around. Even though I'm born and raised hear I keep forgetting this is alaska and finding parts for anything these days are a killer

Default Roller guide parts...

Check out mudhole. Here's a link to the roller guide parts... http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog/Spare-Parts