Thread: Chitna dipnetting, lookin for suggestions

Default Chitna dipnetting, lookin for suggestions

Hello, my name is Jackie. I have yet to experience the Chitna dip, looking for suggestions on places to go for bank dipping this weekend.
    I can offer a discount on a therapeutic massage in exchange for a good suggestion to either yourself or wife/girlfriend. I am a LMT in Anchorage working for a chiropractor.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by j-dev; 07-11-2008 at 22:52. Reason: additional info added

How did things work out?

Default Chitina dip

It was an adventure! We had borrowed a net from a friend and it was short and pretty old....we tried under the bridge and had no luck. The next day went and bought a net and managed to hitch a ride on a 4-wheeler about 4 miles past O'Brian Ck. Pretty crazy ride and the river is wild! Made me appreciate the 5 we netted. Was an experience to remember for sure!
    Before we got a ride we walked in about a mile and scurried down the mtn. Nice place, but no fish yet. Sounds like it is picking up though. We were only at 4 mile for about 2 hours, but others that were there had their limit and the supplement too.

Good deal! Sounds like the big surge (35k days) on the sonar is starting to show up. I dipped all night Monday night and it was mighty slow ...7 fish. Same for the others dipping where I was (a normally productive spot). I probably should've waited another day or two before heading down!

Brian