Thread: goat hunt

Default goat hunt

Has anyone ever hunted goats with Kurt Whitehead of Alaska Glacier Adventures? Any info about his areas, quality of animals, guide service, character, etc... would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hidden Falls, Baranof Island

I guided goats for Kurt last fall. He is an awesome guy who has a first class operation. He will go the extra mile to get you an opportunity for a goat. My good friend Luke is guiding for him this fall and he is a goat hunting machine. Luke and I flew into a lake in Misty Fjords with Luke and two clients last September and Kurt and a packer flew into another lake with two other clients. We lucked out on the weather and one of our clients got a goat on the first wevening wee could hunt and the other got one the next morning. Both were 9.25 inch billies with big bases. It was by fat the best hunt I did last fall. Kurt and his clients also killed billies in the first couple days, one was an 11 inch monster and the other was around 9 inches. Again I can't say enought good things about Kurt he is a great guy who runs a great operation. I would say that one of the main reasons for the success we had on our hunt last year was the clients has great attitudes and were in propper shape for the hunt. An alpine goat hunt will most likely be the most physically demanding hunt you ever do and preperation and a positive attitude are key to your success. Both of our hunters said that they hunt they went on was the trip of a life time and it pushed them beyone what they thought they were capable of doing. If you have any other questions let me know and Id be glad to try and answer them for you.

Default goats

Thanks for the info. I had heard that he had it all together but wanted to hear other's opinions. Good luck this season!