Thread: 8mm Kurz 7.92x33

Default 8mm Kurz 7.92x33

Does anyone know any place in Alaska where I can buy some 8 mm Kurz (7.92x33) ammo.? I am willing to buy it in small quantities or bulk depending on the price. Call: 441-5785 cell. (Doug) or either contact me here on the forum or catndog@gci.net if you prefer email. Thanks!!!

Years ago I formed and reamed a five gallon bucket full from 7.62 LC/NM brass. For a customer. The dies cost me right at 300.00 and that was for all the tooling. Several days were taken up getting this order filled. I have since that time, never seen any loaded ammo for sell for the 7.92mm Kurtz. Or brass. I wish you all the luck in the world finding any in this country. The guy that paid me to make these cases up, was a class III wholesaler, he had a few assault rifles he was trying to sell.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the imput. I've found the ammo in the lower 48 and it's readily available. The problem is I gotta have it shipped by ground to Seattle and then barged up to Alaska via Carlyle Ent. or some other entity. I need the ammo to test fire a new firearm I've ordered. But I only have a 7 day review policy for the firearm to report defects. It's still not 100% known whether or not the firearm will be able to be imported into the U.S. If I can get a few boxes, I can at least test fire it right away for defects. I may just have to bite the bullett and place the order $600 + - sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
    Thanks for the imput. I've found the ammo in the lower 48 and it's readily available. The problem is I gotta have it shipped by ground to Seattle and then barged up to Alaska via Carlyle Ent. or some other entity. I need the ammo to test fire a new firearm I've ordered. But I only have a 7 day review policy for the firearm to report defects. It's still not 100% known whether or not the firearm will be able to be imported into the U.S. If I can get a few boxes, I can at least test fire it right away for defects. I may just have to bite the bullett and place the order $600 + - sigh.
    I have never shot any of the 7.92 Kurtz ammo. I've often thought it must be similar to the 7.62 X 39 as the Russian were not all that innovative, and like the U.S. were more into adapting than originating in that era. The American firearms community has owed more to German technology than to any-other country from the inception of the country with the Jagger through firearm development of WWII. Something As a firearms writer I'm sure you are vary aware of.

I'm happy you found ammo in the Kurtz (Short). I don't see much of an alternative for the getting any. At one time it was a collectible round.

I did make up a hundred extra from the run I did. I never had another request for anymore for the Kurtz.

In the past, I've found Span Alaska to be vary helpful. If you try them, they maybe able to help, they ship a lot of ammo.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the addtional info. I was able to use that to find a couple more places to buy the 7.92x33 Kurz ammo. Appreciate the help.

I'm happy to hear it worked out for you.

So what did you think of the rifle and ammo? Is it like the 7.62X39 to shoot? I've always been curious about shooting that ammo.

I'm dying to compare the two calibers. Unfortunately, I still don't have the rifle from I.O., Inc. The rifle is a newly manufactured Sturmgewehr MP44 made in Germany. I'm banking (a lot) on it being everything that the Canadian and German forums say it is. Unfortunately, it's quite spendy. I locked my price in at $3495 about 4 months ago. I.O., Inc. is now asking $4995 for them. Problem is they are refitting them for 922r compliancy and then need to submit the final copy with the U.S. parts to BTAF for final approval before shipment to customers. I've now spent over $1000 on ammo and quality spare magazines, but have nothing yet to make it all go bang. My wife thinks I'm insane.