Thread: 325wsm

Default 325wsm

Has anyone had any luck loading a prem 200 grn bullet like a Barnes or Nosler partition for a 325WSM?

Randy, Welcome to the forum. There is a search feature available that will make finding your info in the archives very easy. on the Handloading forum main page look in the upper right hand side and select the "search this forum" button click it and then do a search for 325wsm. It will keep you busy for quite a while.

OR YOU COULD JUST CLICK HERE AND LET ME DO THE SEARCH FOR YA

Wink Just bought 200 grain bullets

I am fixing to reload five or six different loads with the 200 to see what they do. I will let you know. I bought my rifle trhis winter.

Ya, LuJon is right, lots of stuff posted here in the past. I have read about lots of guys loading 200gr partitions with H4350 with good results. The TSX's are a little more picky when it comes to off the lands measurement so I'm told. I have loaded up some 220gr GK's with IMR 4007 SSC which is very accurate out of my Kimber. Sierra says they have thicker jackets and were built for the 8mm Rem Mag.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=32643

I have some 200gr Nolser Accubonds to load up next. My gun really likes the factory loads so I'll see what I can come up with.

Murphy has loaded quite a bit for the 325. He also has some .323 Swift A-Frames for sale in the swap and sell forum and I think he has loaded with that bullet for the 325. I know they make them in a 200 and a 220. He may be able to give you some info.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Mine will shoot 200grn accubonds very well using H4350. I have tried the same for partitions but no luck. The best I have been able to get with the 200grn barnes= 5 shots 3 touching and 2@ 1.5"
    using IMR4320 , I have tried RL-19, H4198 , IMR4350. I would really like to shoot the barnes but it is not looking to likely time is running out for this year. I will give the partitions another go this week. Any and all help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    ...The best I have been able to get with the 200grn barnes= 5 shots 3 touching and 2@ 1.5"...
    Sounds to me like a critter killer there.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again