Thread: Jim Creek

Default Jim Creek

Anybody here how reds and silvers are doing out there yet?

Seeing how they are a LATE July August run they are doing like they are every July 11th- Slow with more fisherman than fish.

Went out last night for a few hours and didn't see ANYTHING. its completely dead. shouldn't be too much longer though...

Went out there last night on the ATV to enjoy the sun and see how many fish are being caught. Probably 50 people fishing from the Point and all the way into Jim Creek. I saw no fish on the shore or any skeletons either. That doesn't mean a few weren't caught and put in coolers, I just didn't see any. Talked to two guys and they hadn't seen any caught. Saw a guy catch a 6 inch dolly in JC. He was specifically targeting dollies with his setup.
    Overall, a lot of people and no fish.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Went out there last night on the ATV to enjoy the sun and see how many fish are being caught. Probably 50 people fishing from the Point and all the way into Jim Creek. I saw no fish on the shore or any skeletons either. That doesn't mean a few weren't caught and put in coolers, I just didn't see any. Talked to two guys and they hadn't seen any caught. Saw a guy catch a 6 inch dolly in JC. He was specifically targeting dollies with his setup.
    Overall, a lot of people and no fish.
    In other words, don't waste your time....

Going for an over night trip tomorrow. Will post back on reds/silvers out there. On the outdoor journal I have read good reports of reds still being caught, and silvers picking up...

Looking at the AOJ report it looks as though some silvers are showing.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I forgot to mention there ARE some silvers and reds moving PAST the fishermen and have been for over a week. I didn't say there were NO fish. anybody or any magazine saying fishing is good or has been good yet is full of crap. I talked to 2 guys in a canoe who went from Jim Lake to the dunes. They said they saw only a FEW fish in ALL that clear water. Anyone fishing from the mouth of JC and downstream in the KNIK has no idea what is passing them in that siltwater, unless they catch one or see someone catch one.
    It should be better by this weekend