Thread: hot bunny hunting around knik river area

Smile hot bunny hunting around knik river area

its great bunny hunting in knik river area. it may be hard to acsess if you dont have a atv its shore worth once you get in there.the closser to the glaciare you get the more bunnys you see but the trial gets worse.find areas were there are lots of willows than drive slowly and look for rabbits.the best hunting is in the evenings. good luck!

Your killing me! I cant wait till fall...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Your killing me! I cant wait till fall...
    Your both killing me, I can't wait until fall either!
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

This year has, by far, more rabbits than I've ever seen in 15 years of living in the Knik River valley. No doubt this will also translate into more predators this winter also. Good Luck!

Default Bears

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    This year has, by far, more rabbits than I've ever seen in 15 years of living in the Knik River valley. No doubt this will also translate into more predators this winter also. Good Luck!
    I have friend that lives there in KRV and haven't had much of a chance to speak with him this summer; how's the bear population? I noticed in recent years of visiting him that the numbers have definitely increased.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post
    I have friend that lives there in KRV and haven't had much of a chance to speak with him this summer; how's the bear population? I noticed in recent years of visiting him that the numbers have definitely increased.
    I think there are less myself. Too many bait stations and hunting pressure. There were a lot more in the early 90s. This is just my observations though. I used to have them in the yard all the time. The last visit was 98 and my dog kicked the crap out of him

Default Bears ?

past few evenings I have flown up the valley I have seen at least
    11-15 bears eash time.... their breding like them bunnys. Last year I found two different sows with tripplets......

So bunny guys, be careful out there.... coyotes are thick too.

Let me know where some of the solo bears are bedding and I will do my best to make it a bit safer out there