Thread: Where to store anchor rope on Bayliner

Default Where to store anchor rope on Bayliner

Just bought a 21ft Bayliner trophy Hardtop, with rails on the front, but no place to store anchor/rope.
    How do you guys go around this problem? put a milk tray or some other container?

Thanks in advance
    Vadim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like 5-gallon buckets myself. You just stuff the rope into the bucket as you bring it in. Very little chance of a tangle when feeding out, too. If you've got a spot where you can secure one or two buckets up there, that would be my suggestion. You can drill a few drainage holes in the bottoms since it is out in the weather to keep the bucket from filling up with water.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Coil it on the deck

Coil it on the deck and bungee it down if you have a few opposing cleates or anchor points. Initially we used a short rubbermaid container with holes in the bottom, similar to the above post but found this is even simpler.
    BK

Same here. Rubbermaid tub with holes drilled in the bottom for drainage. Coil the line in the tub and set the anchor on top of that. With my bow rider (open bow) Sea Runner I also put the bouy on top of the anchor that is on the rope, and then snap down bow cover. The bouy is just tall enough that it raises the canvas enough to shed any water that comes over the bow and keep water from collecting on the bow cover as it did before I started this practice.

If you want lots of ideas, ask the question here, too.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/

Cheap round laundry basket works for me.

Default Double Milk Crate

I found a Double Milk Crate, they are very strong, plenty of holes for air to dry rather than mildew the rope. And I used a U-bolt to attach to my railing so it stays put. As I pull the rode up I can just throw it into the crate and stomp on it, 300+ feet of 1/2"Nylon fits into it way easy, adding the chain on top so it don't jump out either on the road or on the sea.
    Last edited by alaskapiranha; 11-29-2008 at 12:56.

Default Zipped up mesh duffle bag

Crates and plastic tubs are great as long as they are secured and closed, so rode can't jump out during big seas. First time you get into those waves that break on your windshield and your hoping you see your anchor gear sitting where its suppose to be instead of in your prop, you'll know what I'm talking about. You dig your bow into a big wave and it will clear your bow if its not all locked down.

thanks for all the advice, tied a crate to the rails and put a bungee over the top to keep the anchor from jumping out.

Vadim