Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Draw permits

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Meadow Lakes
    Posts
    33

    Default Draw permits

    Anybody know approx when the spring draw permit results are out?

  2. #2
    Member Alaska Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
    Anybody know approx when the spring draw permit results are out?
    Fish and Game said around the 15 which is a Tue. But from the past experince they will come out this Friday around 4-6pm..
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Meadow Lakes
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Thanks. Always nice to have a plan for whereand when I am going, even though my permit applications seem to end up being annual donations. Can't win if you don't play (pay).

  4. #4
    Member Alaska Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
    Thanks. Always nice to have a plan for whereand when I am going, even though my permit applications seem to end up being annual donations. Can't win if you don't play (pay).
    There is another thread going on right now about the Draw Permits. Take a look at it.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

  5. #5

    Default Yanert Moose Tag

    I drew a Yanert any bull tag. I'd hoped to bow hunt this area and was wondering if anyone out there had any info on access.

    From the looks of it, the Southern portion of the unit may be accessable by ATV(Might be closed to ATVs?) or Horses.

    Also the Nenana may be run by a Jet boat? or River raft. I have access to both.

    If any one out there has rafted or boated from the highway down to the Park, I sured appreciate any information.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    Offline email to:
    mrkovis@yahoo.com

  6. #6

    Default

    If its DM 774 I drew the same tag. The whole thing is non-motorized. Horses are ok though. So I'm planning on taking my bro and another buddy or two and they'll go bow hunting for cows while I'm looking for a any bull with antlers. So basically as long as the moose doesn't have a calf with it, it isn't safe. You could jet boat the Nenana or raft it, but I doubt you'd really be gaining anything as most of the land on the southern portion right next to the Nenana is AHTNA which means no hunting.

    And of course the west side of the Nenana is DNP so no go there. In fact the closest you can start hunting the Southern end for moose past the AHTNA land is 1 mile off the east side of the Parks Highway most of with is 1.5-2 miles. Hopefully you have a friend that has access to horses or a bunch of good buddies that don't mind helping you pack. Just the little bit of info I know. Hope that helps.

  7. #7

    Default Hunting Spring Bear Afognak

    I drew the Spring Brown bear for Afgonak any advice on what part of the island to hunt? I know that I will be using either Andrew or Sea Hawk but any word of wisdom from anyone else who have hunted this area in the past??

    Thanks,

    Flyfishingak@netzero.net

  8. #8
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    If its DM 774 I drew the same tag. The whole thing is non-motorized. Horses are ok though. So I'm planning on taking my bro and another buddy or two and they'll go bow hunting for cows while I'm looking for a any bull with antlers. So basically as long as the moose doesn't have a calf with it, it isn't safe. You could jet boat the Nenana or raft it, but I doubt you'd really be gaining anything as most of the land on the southern portion right next to the Nenana is AHTNA which means no hunting.

    And of course the west side of the Nenana is DNP so no go there. In fact the closest you can start hunting the Southern end for moose past the AHTNA land is 1 mile off the east side of the Parks Highway most of with is 1.5-2 miles. Hopefully you have a friend that has access to horses or a bunch of good buddies that don't mind helping you pack. Just the little bit of info I know. Hope that helps.
    FYI make sure you call me if you get one down. I will be up in the chugach looking for a twister but If I get one early I would be willing to run my Aveo (the shame mobile) up there and help drag some of that carcase out of the woods.

  9. #9

    Default

    Oh you'll be done with your hunt by the time I go hunting up there. I'm going for my draw tag from Sept. 18th-23rd. So if you had your IBEP card you could be cow hunting too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •