Thread: Looking for a new pup...

Default Looking for a new pup...

Does anyone have a litter of Lab pups ready for new homes? We are looking for a female, prefer chocolate, but open to any color. Must be purebred, papers not a must. We aren't looking for show quality pups, just a good faithful family pet and hunting buddy. Willing to pay up to $400 for the right "little girl." Please PM, or call (907) 360-3610. I live in Sterling, but willing to drive to check em' out. Thanks alot...

Randy Skiba

Quote Originally Posted by zekeski View Post
    Does anyone have a litter of Lab pups ready for new homes? We are looking for a female, prefer chocolate, but open to any color. Must be purebred, papers not a must. We aren't looking for show quality pups, just a good faithful family pet and hunting buddy. Willing to pay up to $400 for the right "little girl." Please PM, or call (907) 360-3610. I live in Sterling, but willing to drive to check em' out. Thanks alot...

Randy Skiba
    Better get papers at that price. Dew claws and up to age shots.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Better get papers at that price. Dew claws and up to age shots.
    My apologies for sounding stupid, but what does that mean?
    What is the average price for retrievers? Is $400 too much for a puppy?

Default Oh man...

Before my thread gets highjacked, let me specify. I am willing to pay UP TO $400 for the right pup. Papers are good but not necessary, free is better, but I am looking for a purebred, and thats a shot in the dark. I really appreciate the concern, but does anyone have a good pup for sale? Thanks...Randy Skiba

Default My apologies

Sorry about highjacking your thread. My wife found somebody that is asking for more than what you are willing to pay for, hence my question.

Default I appreciate that...

I have found a couple of GREAT looking litters too, but I can't really swing $500-600 right now or I would have one in a heartbeat!! I'll keep looking and thanks to all for the tips!!

Quote Originally Posted by zekeski View Post
    I have found a couple of GREAT looking litters too, but I can't really swing $500-600 right now or I would have one in a heartbeat!! I'll keep looking and thanks to all for the tips!!
    Can you PM me their contact number? Thanks.

Default Litter of yellow labs

Hi there Mr. Moe-

I have several 7 week old AKC Reg Yellow Lab pups which I have yet to place-
    Give me a call if you are still looking for a Lab-

Tks- Dave
    688-6608

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Hi there Mr. Moe-

I have several 7 week old AKC Reg Yellow Lab pups which I have yet to place-
    Give me a call if you are still looking for a Lab-

Tks- Dave
    688-6608
    PM sent.

Mr. Moe

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default $400 pup too low for a good dog.

Be very careful at that price.It's very low. Paying more than $50 for an unpapered dog is not a good idea either. It encourages backyard breeding, no hip certs, no eye certs, the list goes on. If the difference in getting a dog is $100 to $400 (our last purebred FC titled background- was $850 in WA in 2003) than maybe it's not the time for a new dog.

If you are caring for the dog properly you will spend that much in vet bills in next year.
    Honestly - you can't buy a good bargan dog. You may get lucky. If you do please get this girl spayed. Any trip through the shelter on any day has a lab or lab mix waiting for a new home.

Better yet try the shelter or Alaska Dog & Puppy .

www.alaskadognews.com

Default Score...

$400 dollars is NOT too low for a good papered dog. Many people breed great litters of pups...in their backyards. It is plain wrong to assume a great dog can only come from a kennel. In fact, I have found a pup whose bloodline from both parents come from very reputable breeders/kennels in AK. The price is $400. You just have to search, study, and look. Many situations arise where folks have a litter they need to get rid of, quickly for one reason or another. Its like saying you can only get a GREAT rifle from a gun smith. As I stated, I am not looking to win the Eukanuba dog show, just want a good lab for a good home. Thanks to all who helped, I will post some pics of our new great pup.