Thread: Scores from the 4th of July shoot???

Default Scores from the 4th of July shoot???

Enquiring minds want to know, who was top dog???

The winner of the men's Bow Hunter free style (BHFS) category was Marcus D. If I remember right, he had 988 points (90 arrows). Harry B. was second, about 30 points back. I was 7th in that category (out of 7!), with a whopping 752 points.

I don't know who the winner of the other men's categories were, including the category with the ridiculously long stabilizers and scopes. However, I believe that Marcus beat them all with his score.

The Women's BHFS category winner was Jen D, I think her score was right around 900. I didn't look to see if her score was the top FM, but I can't imagine it wasn't.

The winner of the cub category was Luke D. He is going to be shooting like his dad in about five years.

Sorry I don't have any more info. I only know how the Marcus D. family did because I had the privilege to shoot with them. They are a great family, treated the newcomer well. I had no idea an arrow could be shot so accurately, and so consistently accurate, as both Marcus and Jen proved.

Default Awesome

Thanks for the update, so marcus took down harry b.?? You are blessed to shoot with that family, and I can't wait to get up north and do the same--with my long stabilizeras well as a bhfs set up

Quote Originally Posted by gobblinfool View Post
    Thanks for the update, so marcus took down harry b.?? You are blessed to shoot with that family, and I can't wait to get up north and do the same--with my long stabilizeras well as a bhfs set up
    Never thought you would go to the dark side(FS)
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I talked to Harry yesterday. He had a bit of trouble with the two hours of sleep he got before shooting on Saturday. Other than that he felt pretty solid. I don't think it was 30 points, but it could have been. Both Harry and Markus beat the FS scores, but I'm not sure any of the top FS shooters were there anyway. Markus always does well at this shoot.

Shoot be a good dog fight at State Field this weekend between those two. I probably won't be shooting due to a persistant shoulder problem since Redding, but I will be bringing Justin for his last shot at a state field record in Cubs since he is turning 12 on the 24th.