Thread: This weekend suggestions

Default This weekend suggestions

Me and my girlfriend want to go hiking and camp this weekend and I was wondering if there are any good suggestions on where to go? I'm leaving from Anchorage after work at 3:30 on Friday and was just looking for a hike in and camp spot. I was looking at Johson Pass or maybe even Hatchers Pass but not sure. Any suggestions would be great, not stuck on these two spots so anything would be good?
    Thanks
    Dono

Default Reed Lakes?

I was thinking about going to Reed Lakes in Hatchers. Is this a good place to go and camp and are their tons of people up there?
    Thanks for any help
    Dono

Default How far and where are you starting??

I know of a few good places but need to know where and how far you want to go??
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default ??????

Not quite sure, I have the book 55 way to the wilderness southcentral, thats what made me think of reed lakes. I have never been to Hatchers pass and don't really know where to start but I guess I was going to start from Archangel road unless I figure something else out. We are fair hikers and have gone in the mountains before, just trying to get better ideas.
    Thanks
    Dono

Default Another question on reed lakes

Can you get to the bomber from this trail?
    Thanks
    Dono

Default Reed and Bomber

Reed is a beautiful hike and a great place to camp. DO expect company on a weekend though. There are some cool waterfalls that are very different than any others you tend to see. See pics.

Yes you can get to bomber for here. From the point the trail gets you to the lake climb up to the lower point of the ridge to the back left portion of the lake. The Bomber itself is likely still under snow though. The pic of the lake is taken from the top where you access Bomber.

-Carnivore
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carnivore; 07-10-2008 at 11:02. Reason: spelling
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Thanks for the info and the pics, this looks like a great place to go.
    Thanks alot
    Dono