Thread: Wooldridges and BIG lake water

Default Wooldridges and BIG lake water

Well, found MY limit, if not my boats limit, for what i'll tackle on big lakes.
    I've had her out in 2-3' whitecaps/swells and that was just fine, but a buddy and i were heading down Bennett lake here in the YT, and got out around the corner, and got into the 4-5' whitecaps rippin down the lake and that was that. Proudly turned around and skidaddled. Looked up the lake with binoc's and it was just a sea of white, looked like some REAL big rollers out there.
    Turning around was, entertaining, and had to watch the following waves pretty close.
    We were heading up to explore some skinny water at the far end, otherwise would have taken a Zodiac.
    So whats the biggest water any of you Alaskan owners have surrvived/endured with your Wooldridge rigs?
    Cheers

3.5 rollers at Lake Louise. Washes the top off quite nicely. Just don't turn your back to the waves!

Default seward

2 - 3 foot steep wind chop outside seward harbor.
    3 - 4 foot waves (swells?) about 20 feet crest to crest off Hive Island

Wooldridge Sport 20 ft

!7.5 Alaskan 115/80 hp prop / jet 1994 Nushagak Bay/River current- wind -tide real ugly 10 -12 foot following sea it was like Wooldridge surfing. Almost died that day. When I got out of the boat and dropped the anchor I had to go set on the boat bow as my knees went limp. At 4500 rpm I could not hear the motor running. You guys are wimps. Sorry

Unhappy 8-10 I think

Quote Originally Posted by J-FRAME View Post
    !7.5 Alaskan 115/80 hp prop / jet 1994 Nushagak Bay/River current- wind -tide real ugly 10 -12 foot following sea it was like Wooldridge surfing. Almost died that day. When I got out of the boat and dropped the anchor I had to go set on the boat bow as my knees went limp. At 4500 rpm I could not hear the motor running. You guys are wimps. Sorry
    I was out in Cook Inlet, fine day of fishing. Then the tide turned, going out, then the wind came up from kodiak and wham I could not see land when I was at the bottom part of the wave.

LOL it was Wooly surfing for sure! Made it back to Anchor with a pair of dirty shorts and if I had a peice of coal in my cheeks it would have been a diamond when I trailered the boat.

Unlike PWS there is simply no place to hide out in the inlet.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Yep Wooly surfing. It should be a sport or something --?