Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 Lite Stainless Syth.

Default Tikka T3 Lite Stainless Syth.

Just picked up this Tikka Lite in 300 WSM. Looking for advice on whether to use the scope mounts provided on the rifle with their rings, or to go to the typical weaver mounts and rings. Are the predesigned mounts and provided rings reliable?

I used the tikka rings but will probaly upgrade to talley rings eventually

The guys at boondocks (where I bought my Tikka) strongly suggested that I get Talley's as oppose to the stock Tikka rings. For $40 I figure it was cheap insurance if people have beene experiencing problems with the stock ones. Plus they saved me $50 bucks over Sportsmans Warehouse on the rifle so I figure it was justified.

Default TIKKA rings

I too own a Tikka in 300 WSM. I didn't listen to all of the advise I was given and stuck with the factory rings. After sighting the rifle in and firing about 40 rounds the scope starting slipping in the rings. I now have a set of Warne rings that work very well. Needless to say, even though I reload I spent more on ammo getting the gun dialed back in after the ring change than the rings would have cost me initially. My $.02 is to get good qual;ity aftermarket rings from the start.

Default Get the Talleys!!!

I also have a Tikka 300wsm....the factory rings are junk!

Get a set of the Talleys and you'll never have to worry about your rings.

Warne or Talley, put on right/tight, and locked down. Just one less thing to rule out when sighting in.

Talley's are the only way to go. A great product at a good price.

ALLRIGHT... I don't want to blow my hunt cause I wouldn't shell out a measely $40... I will swing by Boonies next week and pick up a set of talleys... Dang whats another 40 bones in a world of barneys packs, Wiggys bags, hilleberg tents, German glass, Kenetrek boots and...

I own said gun, are the stock rings really that bad? Heard of the Tallies, maybe pick up a set along with the limbsaver.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    I own said gun, are the stock rings really that bad? Heard of the Tallies, maybe pick up a set along with the limbsaver.
    Yeah I put the Talley's and the Limbsaver on my .300 WM Tikka even before I shot it. Don't regret either purchase as the combined price of the 2 items was about 60 bills.

Another vote for the Talleys... I've used them on Tikka T3 and mucho better than factory.

They are also A+ for Kimber 84M.

For what it is worth I have the Factory Rings on my .300WM with a couple of hundred rounds and four plus years worth of hunts/shooting under them. No issues. From what has been posted, the problem is the steel insets breaking through the aluminum mounts. I am in no hurry to change out a rifle that is dialed in, but unless you what to read posts like the above for the next of your four years, go get the Talleys.

Quote Originally Posted by MBURNS2244 View Post
    Just picked up this Tikka Lite in 300 WSM. Looking for advice on whether to use the scope mounts provided on the rifle with their rings, or to go to the typical weaver mounts and rings. Are the predesigned mounts and provided rings reliable?
    Reply:

I shoot the Tikka T3 Lite, chambered in .338WM, and went to a Weaver base mount with a Burris "Steel" torque angle mount. You will note there are "no" rail cuts on Tikka's top mounting system. Weaver (or anyother mounting system with the same feature) takes care of that problem with cross-sectional cutting in the mount.

Cross-cut sections are needed for added stability and shifting from heavy recoil. So far, it has worked great!

Good luck,

Joe

I have used the stock rings thus far on my 7mm Rem Mag but I thought about the talleys after reading others input. Does the one piece Talley setup make your scope mount farther back though? I was just curious because after looking at it online it looks like the screw holes would make it sit a lot farther back than my 3-9 x 40 leupold already is.

I put the Warne rings on my T3 stainless 270 wsm with a Zeiss scope. They are amazing and so far hold zero well.

Default Tikka rings

The Tikka rings can be problematic. I never had them slip - up to 338WM but I did strip the torx heads twice. Just an inconvenience to drill out the screw. Talleys would be my automatic if I bought another T3 Lite.
    For 300WSM on up I would add a Limbsaver recoil pad. I think the number is: 10111.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    The guys at boondocks (where I bought my Tikka) strongly suggested that I get Talley's as oppose to the stock Tikka rings. For $40 I figure it was cheap insurance if people have beene experiencing problems with the stock ones. Plus they saved me $50 bucks over Sportsmans Warehouse on the rifle so I figure it was justified.
    Boondocks has them $549? That's a pretty good price!

I picked up the talley's from boonies on my way home from work today... Now I guess I get to zero the pea shooter again!

This is my first post. I found this forum by doing a search for Tikka Rings as I have been having problems with Whitetail Hunter in 30.06 I bought a few years ago for my son. We live in Arizona. My only AK trip was to Unalakleet 10 years ago as a last minute fill in to fish for Silvers up the river and later hunt Granite Mountain for Caribou. I think the whole trip cast me about $1,400 for 2 weeks. Lodging was no cost as the trip was arranged through a friend of a friend who had a relative and friends there. One of the greatest trips I have been on, hands down.
    Anyway not to hijack this thread. We have had this rifle as I said for a while but noticed last year that the rings had slipped. So I removed them, cleaned them up and put some lock-tite and them and tightened them down until I though I would strip the screws and let it sit a couple of days before making the short drive to the range. After half a box a factory ammo it started again. So it looks like a set a Talley rings are in order. The scope I put on it is a Leupold 3x9 Rifleman. Great scope and takes all the beating a not so sure footed kid can dish out. That scope had taken more abuse then Gerry Cooney and has never lost zero. Can I go with the short rings or should I opt for the mediums?

I have the same scope and I just purchased the medium rings which were recommended for my Tika 270wsm by my local dealer. I will try and mount them tonight if I have time and take a couple before/after pics so that you see how much clearance there is vs the Tika's. I am not sure what the hight difference is between the low and medium Tally rings but that shouldn't be too hard of a question to get an answer to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast