Thread: Kasilof Dipnetting?

Default Kasilof Dipnetting?

Anybody having any luck dipping on the Kasilof yet this year?

My wife and I tried the Kasilof last Friday (July 4th) as the tide was coming and going in the afternoon / evening. It was more of a learning experience as this was our first time. We managed 3 fish and lost a couple. I didn't see anyone else doing much better. Will go back next Tuesday to try again.

Default From land??

Is there a place to luanch a boat????
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Is there a place to luanch a boat????
    i had good luck dragging a cataraft and small 9.9 to the water last year....i didn't notice a launch anywhere at the mouth....I imagine a guy could launch upriver and just run down to dip....no idea how long of a run it would be...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

For the past few years I have always launched our 18ft from the beach. The sand can be a little soft but I have 4whl drive truck and I take some 4 wheeler ramps (6ft long) so when the one set of tires falls off the others pick up. Works for me have not lost the boat, truck, or trailer to the tides yet (fingers crossed). I use the south beach. No ramps that I know of there, and I donít think I would try it with a heavy boat we have help a few others out down there that have been stuck, take straps, come-a-long and some timber if you can, having a wheeler w/ ya works wonders. Good luck