Thread: Tailracing?

Default Tailracing?

Has anybody been out to Eklutna Tailrace lately? I was just wondering if the kings are still trickling in and if silvers have started to show yet.

Thanks,
    John

Default Still some kings no silvers yet

Fished today, saw several kings taken mostly heavily colored. saw no silvers.

All the Best,
    Rich

Default Thanks for the info

I thought I'd go over one evening this week after work.

I have been fishing it pretty hard lately. Mostly just catch and release for kings. I don't think there are any fresh ones in there any more. If so they are few and far between. Every king I saw in there over the last week has been pretty red. No silvers yet. Should be soon though.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Default what a weird year

fished here my entire life well been here since 63 I was born in bearflanks. what a wierd year even my native grand parents said it was weird ok I'm Eskimo back from the slope and what a nasty king year. I hope the silver prove better my freezer is bare and I hope for better times me and my little boat

22' SeaSport coho
    TigerBight call sign

Default eklutna

I fished there on sunday for an hour or so. Saw one nice 30 pound female caught on eggs. Had one bump on my line but no fish. I think some early silvers are starting to trickle in there. Everyone I talked to said that if you put in your time soaking eggs you should get a king. Good Luck

I was there for about an hour on saturday had one hit. also saw what appeared to be a chum that was just starting to get its colors.

Default Tailrace Kings and Camera Found

Caught a lightly blushed hen today, and lost a bright one last night but all in all pretty slow going. Saw a nice silver taken on herring. Found a camera in the parking lot please PM me to ID.

All the Best,
    Rich

Are y'all using roe/herring or are people catching fish with vibrax/pixies too??

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Default Bait

Folks were using alot of roe, I have had good luck with Kwikfish. Good luck!

Rich

I've caught two Kings over the last 5 days at the Tailrace both taken on a silver Vibrax. All my luck has been in the early morning. Went out again this morning with no bites. Monday morning I hooked into a Silver but lost it. It appears they might be a little early this year. Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by ixthus View Post
    I've caught two Kings over the last 5 days at the Tailrace both taken on a silver Vibrax. All my luck has been in the early morning. Went out again this morning with no bites. Monday morning I hooked into a Silver but lost it. It appears they might be a little early this year. Good luck to all.
    No, if you hooked a silver on July 7th then that's just about right. Which will mean a lot of people will be fishing for them next weekend up at Jim Creek which is the middle of July. Total waste of time (unless you just like casting for nothing) as usual except for a few people who will manage to catch one of the few. The run is always late July, August but that has nothing to do with how many people will be out there banging away over a couple of the early runners.