Thread: Lost Kayaks in Juneau

Default Lost Kayaks in Juneau

Ok, I know this doesn't technically have anything to do with fishing but I figure it wouldn't hurt to get the word out. Two of my kayaks were lost on the Mendenhall river on Sat due to an inexperienced associate trying to hit the rapids. I won't go into the ever exciting details but there are currently 2 kayaks floating(hopefully) around the channel. If anyone sees a yellow Riptide or orange and white Pelican kayak while you're out fishing, please hit me up. 321-9970

Found both kayaks lodged under some logs and 90% under water. Phone and remote keys still worked. I rock.

WOW, congrats on getting all back! Have they been there for a month or is this just a late update? If it took this long I bet you had a ton of voice mails!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    WOW, congrats on getting all back! Have they been there for a month or is this just a late update? If it took this long I bet you had a ton of voice mails!
    No it took this long to find them. In all the leg work I did, I forgot to ask the rafting tour company that transits the river everyday is they had seen them. I called them Sun and they got back to me yesterday. They saw the tip of one kayak pinned in the middle of the river between some stumps. Guides said there was no way to get it out without alot of people, chainsaws, and a boat. I went to look at it and sure enough it was pinned. It took me a couple of hours and some brass balls, but I was able to climb out on a fallen limb and work it free. Low and behold the other one was submerged a few feet under the water and some logs. Got that out and drug them both 1.5 miles to the car. I swear I wish I had brought my camera because it was amazing that I got them out. No one is going to believe me. I got some funny looks as I was on the way to the car, covered in mud and sweat, dragging two kayaks behind me. I had already gotten a new phone but my wife's was on it's last leg so she got a slightly damp, almost new phone.