Thread: Sonar Problem

Default Sonar Problem

I have a Simrad CX34 all in one unit. This is my third season on it. Halfway through last year the depthfinder would only work when I was stopped. Prior to that, it worked great. I have checked every inch of the bottom and have found nothing abnormal to cause bubbles. (It's a thru hull Airmar). I have hauled out and scrubbed entire bottom and no difference. I have another unit for the deck which uses a separate transom mount transducer and it works great. Do transducers go "bad". Is that likely my problem?

Call Simrad tech support. I have the same unit and they have been extremely helpful answering questions all they way from installation to operation. Please post what you find.

This won't help you, except you can take comfort in that you are not alone. I found mine became more inconsistent each year and I finally junked it the other day and installed a Garmin (have yet to test). I did find the end of the wire right at the transducer (transom mount) had lost its coating and had green corrosion on the exposed wire.