Thread: Thumbs up to Wooldridge

Default Thumbs up to Wooldridge

The Woodie dealer in Anchorage (who will remain nameless but if you have a brain you know who it is) installed a 200 Opti on my Alaskan this spring.
    Picked it up and discovered they didnt connect the gas gauge and the bilge pump didnt work. Took it back only to discover they disconnected the headlights to connect the gas gauge to the switch box even though I asked them to wire the gauge into a hot wire on the ignition so it would come on when the motor was running. Bilge pump was fixed. I didnt want to go back and forth with another appointment so I emailed Wooldridge.
    Next business day they called me at home and told me what wires went to the headlight and what to look for to reconnect them. They also informed me what color wire to tap into on the wiring harness so the gas gauge would come on when the key was switched. 30 minutes with the switch panel removed and I had everything working like it should. Then to top it off I received another email from them asking me if they helped solved the issues.

Nice to see such good service from a company!
    Tennessee

I have recieved the same sort of service from them. A very good company!

Default Yeppir

Good folks, those Wooldridge folks...

I don't get it.

You had to go to the boat builder to get a problem corrected on your boat after 2 tries by the local dealer..... the boat builder helped you out and you fixed it yourself..... problem corrected ( a good thing).

Did the local dealer pay you to correct the job that they were paid to originally do?

Do you hold Wooldridge responsible at all for the lack of quality service that you received at the local dealer?

Did the local dealer ever contact you to see if their problems were resolved?

ugh maybe dealer suck

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    I don't get it.

You had to go to the boat builder to get a problem corrected on your boat after 2 tries by the local dealer..... the boat builder helped you out and you fixed it yourself..... problem corrected ( a good thing).

Did the local dealer pay you to correct the job that they were paid to originally do?

Do you hold Wooldridge responsible at all for the lack of quality service that you received at the local dealer?

Did the local dealer ever contact you to see if their problems were resolved?
    I certaintly do not hold Wooldrige responsible for something the dealer did and did not do when they rigged the motor.
    Did the local dealer pay me to fix it? Nope. Sometimes it is easier and less time consuming to do it yourself. I would of spent a couple of hours just picking up the boat and getting it to the dealer and then back again.

I could of been hard nosed and demanded the dealer fix it correctly but sometimes it is easier just to do it yourself and save the time and effort.
    Tennessee

Yes I agree. Wooldridge is top notch. Dealer ???

Default just wondering

why you didn't install the motor yourself and save all hassel in the beggining? You ended up doing some of the work. The rest is not hard at all and then you know it is done to your standard and know exactly where things are. Just curious. I did all the work on my boat with my dad. Put on twins, did all the electrical and everything else.

So how does she run? Still doing the koyakuk moose hunt? We had a hunt planned a couple years back it fell through, got scared from all the horror stories of being froze in or too hot and meat rotting.

I had no desire to install the motor myself. Not only do I lack the ability to do so but some manufactors will not honor the warranty if it is not done by a dealer.

Seems to run great. It has only been out once and the motor (with the prop) has more power than I can ever use. I am sure that will change once I get a jet unit for it next year.
    We still need to load up 300 gallons of water on board and see what pitch prop is best for pushing that much weight. Since gas weighs about 6 pounds per gallon and water about 8.3 I figure full tanks of water will compensate for what gear we will be carrying on the Koyukuk hunt. Going to start out with a 19 pitch prop and if it gets the load up on step easily we should be good to go.
    Tennessee

Default prop pitch

I got the 20 woolridge sport. Came with a jet, and I got a lower unit with the extension kit. We just put it on the other day, and tested it last night. we started with a 17pitch, 3 blade aluminum, and it is right on the money. Went down to A1 prop and told him everything I had and he rcommended the 17. I only have the 150opti and this this has plenty of power with the jet and prop. Ok, with the jet, I wish I had a 200opti, but that is just because i want more top end!!! Snowolf, i would love to se this set up, and would love to see how it runs with the jet!
    Good luck and have fun!

Default Always good to know...

Thanks, Randy for posting the positive experience you had with Woodridge.

When considering the purchase of better gear, whether a fly reel, a rifle or a jet boat or truck... I'm interested in hearing that the manufacturer ultimately will back their product.

Default where did it come from ???

so tell the tale did you purchase this boat from the unmentioned dealer ???

thanks lots

I did not purchase the boat from the Anchorage dealer. But I did purchase the motor from him and paid him to rig it.
    Reguardless he is an authorized Woolridge dealer and both the boat and motor are under warranty.

Default out of state

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    I did not purchase the boat from the Anchorage dealer. But I did purchase the motor from him and paid him to rig it.
    Reguardless he is an authorized Woolridge dealer and both the boat and motor are under warranty.
    yes they are but the dealer that sold you the boat made the profit from the sale and he should have checked the boat over before you got it. thats one thing that really get my goat when they know it's going to alaska they don't care if there is something wrong cause they know it's along way gone..
    what bums!!!!

thanks

The dealer that rigged the motor was the one that did not wire the gas gauge correctly. He was also the one who missed up the headlight wiring as they worked prior to taking it in for the motor to be rigged.
    As far as the bilge pump switch goes, it may of worked initally then crapped out later or it might of been broken when installed. I simply do not know as a battery was never connected untill April of this year and the boat was purchased last October.

Default gas gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    The dealer that rigged the motor was the one that did not wire the gas gauge correctly. He was also the one who missed up the headlight wiring as they worked prior to taking it in for the motor to be rigged.
    As far as the bilge pump switch goes, it may of worked initally then crapped out later or it might of been broken when installed. I simply do not know as a battery was never connected untill April of this year and the boat was purchased last October.
    was the gas gauge already installed in the boat ?? I had heard that Washington required running light to be on at all time so some of the manfacturers were wiring the gas gauge only to work with the running lights on just curious...

thanks

Yes, the gas gauge was already installed. And it could not be wired properly to the ignition until the motor and wiring harness was rigged.

Thumbs up Thumbs Up

Glen has ALWAYS treated me right from calls for some more stripping to reimbursing me because the tunnel had hairline cracks to the installation of brass bushings on the swing window.

They are top notch!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default Thumbs up to Wooldridge

If you think their service is good over the phone go down and visit their showroom. While in Seattle I had the pleasure of having a free day (wife and kids had the rest) so the wife and I went to the shop. Grant conducted the tour and answered every question even though I have a 1990 model Alaskan. Great people and atmosphere. Even scored a hat and DVD. I wouldn't buy anything else. (Then again I don't need too!)